IGNORED

I'm just getting back into muzak....

geographyhorse

It's not quite electronic music, and I know the beats (where there is any) needs work. I'm just getting back into music after a mid-life crises found me draining my savings and buying a bunch of studio gear. These are the beginnings of a result. I have an elektron

digitakt, but I still don't really know how to use it yet. The beats will get there eventually, I suppose. 

Here's the lyrics for the first one.... it's not Shakespeare, I know. 

If someone were to call out
would there be an answer 
and would that response
even address the base concern 
I find it kinda funny
how self absorbed we are
perhaps its only me
perhaps its only memes

I have a confession 
but I'll have to make you wait
you see, anticipation 
is all part of the game
I've fallen victim
I've fallen into the mirror
Cancel our plans
I'm trapped here for the year.

if someone were to reach out 
would I reach back
form some connection
with hands clasped in hands
it sounds kinda pretty
it sounds kinda nice
it sounds like I need it,
but it sounds like it takes time

I have a confession 
but I'll have to make you wait
you see, anticipation 
is all part of the game
I've fallen victim
I've fallen into the mirror
Cancel our plans

I'm trapped here for the year.

https://soundcloud.com/williamsanford/i-have-a-confession

...And a Ween cover

https://soundcloud.com/williamsanford/birthday-boy-ween-cover

I don't like singing per se. I think your singing isn't an exception to the rule. I mean there are some singers that are good and some cases in which I really like singing. This isn't really the case here but that is only because I don't really understand the mentality behind those vibes that you are going for, I guess. But I think that you potentially could create some music that I would probably like and appreciate. You aren't a bad musician

I don't like singing per se. I think your singing isn't an exception to the rule. I mean there are some singers that are good and some cases in which I really like singing. This isn't really the case here but that is only because I don't really understand the mentality behind those vibes that you are going for, I guess. But I think that you potentially could create some music that I would probably like and appreciate. You aren't a bad musician

I guess I'm going for haunted. But hey, thanks for the listen. I'm kinda heavily influenced by vaporwave at the moment. I'm trying to capture that vibe through musicianship as opposed to sampling.

Actually, reading again what I wrote might sound a bit harsh and cynic. But I actually wanted to just say that your music isn't my kind of thing but it doesn't sound like it is of bad quality, either. Good music, I guess, just not good for me! But I've listened anyway. So instead of ignoring you I figured you might like it better if I gave you an honest opinion.

Actually, reading again what I wrote might sound a bit harsh and cynic. But I actually wanted to just say that your music isn't my kind of thing but it doesn't sound like it is of bad quality, either. Good music, I guess, just not good for me! But I've listened anyway. So instead of ignoring you I figured you might like it better if I gave you an honest opinion.

No worries on my end. ?

hey, at least you have savings to dump into gear purchases! not sure how long you have been trying to do music but i feel like i need to know a little more background to formulate a good response

i should add that i've been doing a lot of vocals lately and i think in general it is a very worthwhile venture as long as you are very persistent about trying to be objective about your abilities and delusional at the same time.

hey, at least you have savings to dump into gear purchases! not sure how long you have been trying to do music but i feel like i need to know a little more background to formulate a good response

i should add that i've been doing a lot of vocals lately and i think in general it is a very worthwhile venture as long as you are very persistent about trying to be objective about your abilities and delusional at the same time.

I've been doing music on and off for years. I did mostly ambient stiff on Soundforge in my early 20s. I've never really considered myself to be a great singer, and normally either shy away from it or smother it in processing so it's just another background sound. It's only recently that I'm really tying to develop my voice. Something like the track below should show im not entirely new to this, but I'm venturing into unknown territory for me.

Listen to Aubade in F Major.mp3 by williamsanford #np on #SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.com/williamsanford/aubade-in-f-majormp3

Archived