IGNORED

Plaid vs. Coppé - 20 years of collaborations (showcased live at 23rpm)

BitPhalanx

So, as spammed over here, the Plaid boys will be debuting their first full collaborative live set with Coppé at this year's 23rpm Festival next Saturday (6th October) in London. Something a bit different for them for sure. Coppé has guest-appeared at one or two of their gigs over the years, but never a whole set together focusing just on their collaborative material until now.

Coppé has something of a cult following scattered thinly all over the world (partly thanks to her splitting her time between Japan and the US over the last 20 years). This is something I've been helping her build on in the UK since 2011, and this year we thought it worth giving 20 years of her most prolific collaborations a shout out. 

Since 1998, Coppé has regularly recorded and released original collaborations and remixes with Plaid, with around a dozen tracks now between them. There's talk of a whole collaborations album harvesting these together + brand new tracks especially for it. 

It was something of a surprise to Andy & Ed as well when we all sat down and looked at just how much work they've actually done together with her over the years. So, thought it worth marking the occasion here with a ganders at some of their tunes together...

This was originally produced by Kettel in 2005, but later remixed by Plaid in 2007 and kinda became the staple-version for Coppé's live set (and her 2013 'best of' sampler). 

One of their earliest full collaborations from 98's 'Peppermint' album, and still my personal fave. Been itching to hear this live for years now! This one just sums up everything that Plaid do beautifully for me. 

'45 degrees' (from Coppé's 20th anniversary album '20rpm' - 2015) with Plaid at their most "clean", sparse, crisp and minimal. 

Another Plaid remix that took the minimal original and became the defining version. 

I know I'm bias... but, can't wait for the set :)

Archived