IGNORED

New Chris Douglas releases 2018

cear

I've pointed out the new ones I'm digging the most further up the page but yeah the new stuff is deff very dense/tough/obtuse. And there's a lot of it. I have faith in its longevity and quality though.

Yo Chris if you're reading this, Benecah and Bardachd on vinyl would be tops

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love this guy but not heard any of the new shit and now there is so much of it I wasn't sure where to start!..so cheers for the recommendations on favs will have to start playing catch up!

True.. and up to me if I buy them or not, market forces innit

Will try and pick them all up at some point but going to have to space them out a bit as feeling the pinch a bit at the mo!

I hope he didn't raise the prices because of your complaining. I was in the process of checking out that latest album and I got this notification. 

unknown.png

Went from €8 to €9 right when I was buying it... He also unhid a couple of older bandcamp uploads thankfully.

Anyway, I'm loving these. Will have to implement a long term paying plan but it's absolutely worth it.

maybe he just really needs the money right now (which im sure doesn't add up too very much).

Yeah was my thoughts exactly. He's probably aware that the dedicated few will actually buy his stuff. And then it'll end up on slsk (I've checked, they're already there). So might as well charge premium prices. 

I intend to get all of these when I can afford it.

Seems like he just lowered the prices of some of his albums, and has a limited deal to get the entire discog with 50% (it was 30% earlier). Cool move. Hi Chris! Thanks for all these (new) albums. Been playing it all day, what a trip. That new red one ((Kyjch Uyr​[​st) as well...

https://twitter.com/Amhinin/status/1061283208891850752 

Wow... He removed a LOT of those recent releases... Wondering if he's going to reup them as collections of the albums or something... Like throw all the RV Arcv releases into one release, ect...

Just strange that he'd pull them all down.

Wouldn't you like to know :^)

Yeah this is a shame and he's being a tiny bit silly imo. I've been talking to people who've never heard his stuff or even heard of him before and intended to buy all this as they can afford it. Just this morning one said to me "well now I'll have to slsk it, and I've not used slsk in years"

Archive IV is back up, have picked that one up. Something happening on the 23rd apparently?

Must be frustrating to see your stuff pirated and shared widely when it's not shifting much directly. I remember when Funki Porcini put up his new album for like £20 digital or something, along with a rant about how much his stuff was being torrented, and everyone else would have to pay a load more to make up for it.

He has to realize that music gets stolen and shared no matter what he does, right? Someone email him and explain to him that if it goes on the internet it's likely there forever. Send him clips of Lars ranting about Napster in 1998 or whatever.

Archived