IGNORED

New Chris Douglas releases 2018

cear

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should mention: he said yesterday that “2 more days till hidden is a go” - which I think means that the Bandcamp discog will only be available till tomorrow

really want to buy the stuff and support the dude (have already purchased a good number of the digital releases here and there) but the implication of giving a few days notice to spend €122.80 EUR on the whole discography before it gets deleted is kind of *a lot* to ask :-( 

appreciate the heds up tho i guess !

I'm pretty sure he sent out an email through bandcamp about a month ago giving the heads up about albums being changed to 'hidden' as well...

So it was a bit more than a 2 day notice.

With all the new AE soundboards, I've had very little time to listen to much of his work. Just tonight I made it through the last of the Rook Vallade Arcv Archives.

But fuck. He's released a TON of music since December.

... I don't really know where I'm going with this...

It's awesome that there's so much material, and what I've heard so far is all fucking awesome.

I'm pretty sure he sent out an email through bandcamp about a month ago giving the heads up about albums being changed to 'hidden' as well...

So it was a bit more than a 2 day notice.

With all the new AE soundboards, I've had very little time to listen to much of his work. Just tonight I made it through the last of the Rook Vallade Arcv Archives.

But fuck. He's released a TON of music since December.

... I don't really know where I'm going with this...

It's awesome that there's so much material, and what I've heard so far is all fucking awesome.

all G.

don't normally check bandcamp emails cos it's normally just New Release notifications so i must've missed that. 

i'm sure there's good reason too, but the feeling of "oh no i'm going to miss out" is a bummer is all !

very appreciative this music was upload and released at all :-)

Idioal Oifrmech vinyl is available here - but I guess that’s been out for some time

http://www.ge-stell.net/products/582483-scald-rougish-idioal-oifrmech-lp

It’s been a great run of releases from Douglas but a lot to digest in one go. I’m still on Seaes 2

+ option for digital via dropdown. 

It’s been a great run of releases from Douglas but a lot to digest in one go. I’m still on Seaes 2

I think Benacah Drann Deachd was one of the first releases i got into, after seeing his name mentioned in Autechre interviews. 

And then Hello Spiral got me onto Seaes II and it really is super good. Seaes II made me a big fan :-) 

Idioal Oifrmech vinyl is available here - but I guess that’s been out for some time

http://www.ge-stell.net/products/582483-scald-rougish-idioal-oifrmech-lp

Yeah mentioned that in my post above. With shipping that 30min LP is £35. Too rich for my blood atm.

Yeah he mentioned there's a good reason for it so fingers crossed there's gonna be some physical releases on other labels? Would love Bardachd on vinyl.

https://icasea.bandcamp.com/album/auen-ansici-bardachd

rwz93dE.png

Still kicking myself for sleeping on that. Thought 'hmm, will think about it' then it sold out in like 2hrs. But anyway that's cassette WANT VINYL

I think Benacah Drann Deachd was one of the first releases i got into, after seeing his name mentioned in Autechre interviews. 

And then Hello Spiral got me onto Seaes II and it really is super good. Seaes II made me a big fan :-) 

:^)

Yeah I got into him via the Autechre page (there’s a “music like Autechre” thread that mentioned him a while back)

Benecah was also the first I listened to. I loved the Arcv Dts series too - quite different in tone, more percussive

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived