IGNORED

New Chris Douglas releases 2018

cear

The 2 new releases are awesome!

Think this will set me off on another Chris Douglas Binge.. Started re-listening to the other Amhain albums last night and had forgotten how good they were, he released so much last year I still need to spend more time with it to properly appreciate it all.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I've been listening to this recently, didn't spend much time with it when it first came out... so good!!

https://amhain.bandcamp.com/album/12-12-12

Be interested to see what other people favs are of his stuff from past 18 months, there are so good but there is so much of it (and its all a pretty dense listen) so not sure which ones to re-listen to next!

40 minutes ago, kirm said:

Be interested to see what other people favs are of his stuff from past 18 months, there are so good but there is so much of it (and its all a pretty dense listen) so not sure which ones to re-listen to next!

Yeah I feel the same. I was listening heavily to Douglas last year and early this year but there was a lot of material and I more or less played one release after another. I’d like to go back  now and focus on individual releases - pay a bit more attention to each one. 

The Rook Vallade archive stood out for me at the time but that’s mainly because it sounds very distinct from the other material he put out at the end of last year. But that archive alone clocks in at 6 hours in total.

oddly enough I think 12/12/12 is the only one I didn’t pick up at the time because I had so much to get through - maybe I’ll start again with that one 

• 4 months later...

Archived