IGNORED

Dopplereffekt - 'Athanatos'

whosebrian

Goddamn this is fucking excellent. Can't quite put my finger on why, I suppose it's just so damn slick and well-executed.

I don't listen to Dopplereffekt or Gerald's post-Drexciya stuff often enough to feel familiar with it: what other releases are of this caliber?

I don't listen to Dopplereffekt or Gerald's post-Drexciya stuff often enough to feel familiar with it: what other releases are of this caliber?

As far as Dopplereffekt is concerned you can't go wrong with the two other EPs on Leisure System I'd say.

Tetrahymena

Hypnagogia split w/ Objekt

The first two LPs, Linear Accelerator (International Gigolo) and Calabi Yau Space (Rephlex) too but those are in dire need of a re-release/repress. Digital versions should be available on junodownload for instance.

Releases under the Der Zyklus and Arpanet aliases are solid as well but I'd recommend to start with the later releases (the "Axonometric" EP resp. the "Inertial Frame" LP) and go from there. Same with Japanese Telecom and XOR Gate.

The collaborative projects are a bit more hit and miss, with Gedankenexperiment ("Experiment Defined" EP), NRSB-11 ("NRSB-11" EP, "Commodified" LP) and Project STS-31 ("Spiralgalaxie" LP) probably the easiest ones to get into. Zwischenwelt, Zerkalo and Black Replica are pretty decent too, but not as approachable I think.

And then there are the numerous often brilliant remixes/remodels and one-off collaborations under various disguises. Some of which were just recently released as the "False Vacuum" compilation on WeMe or the "Das Heise Experiment 2" LP by The Exaltics on Solar One Music.

Once you get through Dopplereffekt's discography (which is uniformly excellent) there is a lot of live unreleased tracks that are up to the same standard.

I dunno, leisure system's bandcamp ordering is kinda weird. Last thing I ordered took about 3 weeks to ship and then 4ish days to arrive. I live in NL.

Ordered another record from them via bc today and it said it would be shipped within 5 days or so but on the order details page it's estimated to ship around the 6th and arrive around the 20th...

mine has arrived this morning

Any indication from where it was shipped?

Would explain why copies haven't reached some of the more remote regions of mainland Europe yet if they're sending them out from their UK offices.

mine has arrived this morning

Any indication from where it was shipped?

Would explain why copies haven't reached some of the more remote regions of mainland Europe yet if they're sending them out from their UK offices.

from germany I guess ?

Gut mine from the local shop today, hayflick limit.... :yeah:

Even though all the "tropes" are there this ep sounds pretty fresh to my ears.

Also picked up the elecktroids ep rp, haven't heard it at all yet so I am quite excite.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived