IGNORED

the original ventolin is a load of ass. the wheeze mix is way better

mushroom

yeah that track rules too. cylob mix is amazing as well

but as far as the wheeze mix goes, i.e. the only mix that has anything to do with the original in any obvious fashion, it's just better than the original in every way. beat, melody, not being really annoying to listen to, just all aspects. definitely deserves to be on ICBYD instead.

The overall aesthetic of the Ventolin EP is my favorite of his entire discography. Great melodies but the textures turned more for the weird than they were on ICBYD. Drums were getting weirder too but he hadn't gone whole hog with the drill n bass thing yet. The mixing is lo-fi but great - sometimes it's raw and dry, other times it's reverbed out bliss. 

I'm a more recent aphex fan. I wonder if most people who'd like ventolin heard it first in the 90s, where I heard it first probably in 2013. At that point there was so much better aphex stuff out it never appealed to me.

Bah, you guys don't know what you're talking about - OG Ventolin is arguably the best one. I do love some of the remixes though.

Probus Mix is like a top 10 all time Aphex track for me, but that 45 RPM thing is garbage.  I do think all of Ventolin is pretty underrated though.  Weeze Mix takes the hardest point of the original and loops it.  

The first 1m44s of this is my favourite, the version you posted above doesn't have it

I always meant to make this into a ringtone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=145FCNfigA4

Yup, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I always forget it's so short - in a perfect world there's an album's worth that sounds like that. 

Also this is my favorite time of year for this EP.

Archived