IGNORED

Laptops?

bendish

I am looking at the P1 and curious what screen option you went with? I am thinking about just going with 15.6” FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare, 300nits, but have seen some pretty bad vids of the T480 screens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I got the cheapest one available, non-touch, pretty sure that's the one you're talking about. It's a good screen but not impressive or anything. If you want that super sharp modern screen the other option will probably be best. I sorta prefer the duller screens in regular use tbh, plus I'm planning on hooking up to my external monitor when at home anyway (it's a bit older but still decent) and I don't find myself ever using the touch options on a laptop so this saved me ~$300. I was hoping this screen would help the battery life but that's still not great, looks like about 5 or so hours on a charge? A little worse than I was hoping but not a big deal for me. I'm not sitting in trees in the woods coding or anything like some people :P

damn those lappys are 3300 AUD :0 well out my budget, nice CPU tho. glad its good!

Yeah, not cheap but hoping it'll be my only computer for the next 3 or 4 years at least.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^P1 actually! Just got it today, the keyboard is so goddamned nice, I didn't think I was gonna gush like so many people do online but it really does feel so good. Quick and just barely clicky enough, soft but not mushy, almost chiclet type but not exactly I guess? I dunno, not worried about the semantics, it's a really fucking good keyboard. Can see some people thinking it's not clicky/mechanical enough for them, but I quite like it with my first few hours of usage.

Not sure if it's the 32GB of RAM or just the solid processer or combo of that and other things, but this sumbitch is so speedy at everything. Windows installation/updating was so fast, hell, even Edge is quick, I haven't even downloaded Chrome yet. Gotta get my shit (Ableton, basically) installed and see how that goes, also gotta buy another m.2 drive since this baby has two slots and I only had them install one. Only a one bit of Lenovo software on mine, though there was the normal Windows 10 trying to get me to install Candy Crush/Netflix/etc shit.

Anyway just wanted an excuse to type and test this keyboard basically :)

I am looking at the P1 and curious what screen option you went with? I am thinking about just going with 15.6” FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare, 300nits, but have seen some pretty bad vids of the T480 screens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cool - feel like most screens will be a step down from my MBP retina screen, but I need a Win machine and this thing looks like it should scream, sounds nice otherwise, and can expand the HD and memory. Pretty sure this is what I am going to go with (so thanks for not saying it sucked!)

Funny you mention scream, it's surprising hearing the fans kick on but they're nonetheless pretty quiet and only seem likely to turn on when doing intensive stuff of course. Definitely got some constant light heat coming off the bottom too, no matter what I'm doing. I really do like this screen, but I think the more expensive one might be in line with the really nice screens out now/closer to MBP for you (from what I've seen/read, the MBP screens are about top fucking notch tho so most aren't going to be as good). Just felt like these are things worth mentioning, but it definitely doesn't suck. Best computer I've had in a long time.

Archived