IGNORED

Mystical Autechre tracks

Lachesi

Hi autechrians.. new member here!

I wanted to submit this question for a long time.

What are the most mystical Autechre moments/tracks?

In Oversteps there are various moments that I call mystical,  "see on see" or "krYlon" are good examples. I feel this kind of AE’s sensibility as a sort of evolution of what minimalist masters like Terry Riley or La Monte Young started in the 60s.

The same kind of vibe has been unleashed in the NTS sessions “column thirteen” and “g 1 e 1” are that kind of track, mostly beatless and transcendental

great question. for me autechre are sort of unusual (particularly compared to other producers from their generation) in that their music has gotten more mystical, or at least more successful at being so, the longer they've been around.

oneum is probably my favorite example. it has a very "bright" quality due to all the higher frequency sound, which in ambient music might bring to mind stereotypical "ethereal" imagery (e.g.)--except that the track has a very menacing, unsettling quality that complicates that association. feeling-wise it almost reminds me of some of turner's paintings of storms, except more "sci fi" i guess.

vletrmx is the most basic answer :trashbear:

yjy ux = desert dusk mystery... sun goes down, cognizance goes up

+
Great recommendation. Never realized the intro was so long. Prolly my most neglected track on exai. Hearing it now for the “first time”

I'm going to concur with Jules and submit Spaces How V.

I personally find Bine to be very mystical, but probably not in the way that OP means... maybe more in the dark arts kind of way.

I personally find Bine to be very mystical, but probably not in the way that OP means... maybe more in the dark arts kind of way.

yeah this one for me as I have already gushed about in another thread is extremely powerful. It is in a way that I don't really understand but I feel like it has a 'patience' to it that marries a kind of weirdly peaceful, resigned thousand-yard stare with the churning intensity of life.

yeah this one for me as I have already gushed about in another thread is extremely powerful. It is in a way that I don't really understand but I feel like it has a 'patience' to it that marries a kind of weirdly peaceful, resigned thousand-yard stare with the churning intensity of life.

I’ve gushed about it too. It’s def one of my fav ae tracks ever. It’s very 70s miles to me.

perlence losid 2

great call. another fav of mine. icari remnds me of this one with the low buried beats.

Archived