IGNORED

Mystical Autechre tracks

Lachesi

Cap.IV when the chords come in.

Icari is pretty incredible.

Oh yeah eO holy shit the bells

Yep, yep, yep.

Outh9x

Especially with that fan made video of slowly panning rusty textures that I can't find anymore.

Gotta say, Outh9x has been underrated by me. Good choice, enjoying this track the most I ever have right now.

I have to say that the good majority of Ae sound has something that I recognize as "mystical": the sense of surprise, mystery, and beauty belonging to something that can not be fully understood, awakens that thing that is close to the "feeling of the sacred", even if I say it in strictly secular terms. Perhaps I should use the term "transcendent" rather than mystical.

In my case, this feeling oriented to the mystic manifests itself in passages that are not necessarily ethereal; for example Plyphon, which is a piece full of mess and percussion, has always made me think of contact with something "totally different".

However, if I have to restrict my choice on an avowedly contemplative piece, I have no doubt about choosing Notwotwo (quadrange ep): in the second half (at about 5:30) a dilated sound enters, which has reflections of human voice, which is at the same time bright and disturbing, and when this sound reaches the top, a low synth is added, which is released in a frantic pattern (some notes are shared with Ride Of The Valkyrie): here the feeling of the tragic, the epic and the sacred live together as I have rarely heard anywhere else.

I have to say that the good majority of Ae sound has something that I recognize as "mystical"

Yup. I would make a list of the ones that stick out but it would be very long. Pretty much every release from Garbage on has some of this.

Pule

nice one. I wouldn't have thought of that but totally

I have to say that the good majority of Ae sound has something that I recognize as "mystical"

also this

Archived