IGNORED

Noyzelab - Earth Cell Meditations 3xCD (Psoma Psi Phi)

Mellow U

a3240536035_16.jpg

David Burraston returns to Psoma Psi Phi with his fourth release for the label, and second bearing the Noyzelab moniker. Earth Cell Meditations is the first of a five-part series that will be issued serially across the next five months. The recordings presented here are, as the title implies, intended to assist in meditation, and operate as minimalistic walls of humming drones, parsed out into pre-determined "dosages", to assist in their usage as a utility. Only have three minutes before you have to go to work? There's a 3-minute Earth Cell Meditation for you here. Need a harmonic backdrop for your yoga session or your power nap? Earth Cell also comes in 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30-minute sections. For those of you seeking a deeper experience, Burraston has also provided 45 and 60-minute versions of these Meditations, perfect for disconnection, introspection and all manner of subconscious stimulation. As is his usual, Burraston's work treats time itself as an elastic band that passes by at a rate of his choosing, and for this we've come to be quite addicted to these recordings, even finding ourselves lost inside a three-minute drone. In this fashion, Noyzelab has essentially created an infinite generative structure, and these segments are in fact windows of varying lengths of time, through which we're able to observe and experience something that is impossibly large and unfathomably deep. Be careful with these Meditations - even the artist himself has issued a text advisory in the notes for these recordings - for they are potent and finely distilled examples of the current the universe itself moves through, from element to element. 

NOTE: The digital version of NYZ-IV contains only the 20-minute Meditation. For the full and unabridged Earth Cell Meditations experience, listeners may purchase the limited edition 3xCD-R set. 

Label direct (US): https://pspsph.bandcamp.com/album/earth-cell-meditations

Norman Records (UK): https://www.normanrecords.com/records/173165-noyzelab-earth-cell-meditations

I feel like I slept on the NYZ stuff for a long time but what I’ve heard so far has been amazingly good. Looking forward to checking this one out too!

Yes, I'll be the first (but certainly not the last) to say his music consistently brings my brain to different places other music cannot or does not. In a lot of aspects, it's the closest thing to how my brain reacts to Eliane Radigue, that sense of time being elasticized...am I moving or is everything around me moving? Burraston is an absolute master.

I feel like I slept on the NYZ stuff for a long time but what I’ve heard so far has been amazingly good. Looking forward to checking this one out too!

Yes, I'll be the first (but certainly not the last) to say his music consistently brings my brain to different places other music cannot or does not. In a lot of aspects, it's the closest thing to how my brain reacts to Eliane Radigue, that sense of time being elasticized...am I moving or is everything around me moving? Burraston is an absolute master.

Yes, well said! I have only heard a little Radigue, but agreed. Another artist I enjoy that is like this is Eleh. And also (although the music is quite different) Ryoji Ikeda.

But yeah, this stuff is rapidly becoming go-to brain reconfiguration music. If anything it’s even more potent than those mentioned above for me (maybe except Ikeda).

Archived