IGNORED

Aphex Twin 2019 Live Dates

____-_-____

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to Coachella because I can just stream it from home in HD lol

I wouldn't count on this lol. It's pretty rare for Aphex to approve being filmed for livestream. The only Aphex live stream in recent memory was the NTS field day stream.

I wouldn't count on this lol. It's pretty rare for Aphex to approve being filmed for livestream. The only Aphex live stream in recent memory was the NTS field day stream.

Coachella has livestreamed every event for the past 5 years to YouTube. I'm very confident they will do it this year as well.

Coachella has livestreamed every event for the past 5 years to YouTube. I'm very confident they will do it this year as well.

I'm counting on your True Memories, Meech:)

Aphex Coachella Rave live streamed at Diatoms house in Ireland in April (the 20th I hope) :)

rsvp if attending

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

I'm counting on your True Memories, Meech:)

Aphex Coachella Rave live streamed at Diatoms house in Ireland in April (the 20th I hope) :)

rsvp if attending

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

Im game  - im in co Kerry ... lets 

Lol that lineup is a disaster

it's so fucking bad. lame impala? youch

tame impala are imo one of the least bad things on there..

Also to reiterate my last post, for North American-ers who despair Coachella vibe or price, mutek mx is the absolute tits and if the rumor that he is booked is true, would be ideal afx.  The last two have been held in a giant old factory building on the edge of town, huge industrial rave vibe.  You could probably get a flight to mexico, spend a week here, and go to mutek for less cost than just the coachella ticket.  Mutek mx isnt until November though, and doesnt unveil lineup until around August or September

Diplo on line up lol

Would be funny if they lined up Diplo followed by Aphex like they did in 2008. I remember having to stand through Diplo's set so I could have a good spot for Aphex.

Suddenly having to stand through Odesza in Houston for a good spot for Aphex doesn’t seem so bad.

It helped that all of WATMM was angrily messaging each other on Discord complaining about it.

And you would be correct: https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/youtube-coachella-expanded-live-streaming-partnership-1203098430/

What big Stateside venue could he potentially play? Coachella?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGIBm5hDhi/

So it seems confirmed, Richard will play Coachella in April..

April 1st?  ;)

i think he was supposed to play the 2nd coachella back in 2000 or 2001 whenever it was.. but he cancelled.. squarepusher played though. it was a very different world then and a very different coachella. 

went to that coachella and had no idea who square pusher was and the whereabouts of him being my fucking daddy.

WHY GOD, WHY IS HE AT COACHELLA AGAIN?!

DIDN'T YOU PUNISH ME ENOUGH 10 YEARS AGO?!

WHAAAAAYYYYY?!!!

*regrettably starts booking time off and building feather headdress for inevitable immersion into all things Coachella, again*

And you would be correct: https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/youtube-coachella-expanded-live-streaming-partnership-1203098430/

Oh yes, so even if he doesn't come to Germany for the next 10 years I can at least watch this :-D!

I love the clips of Squarepusher playing 2001

6:25

No way I'll go to Coachella but fingers crossed we get a good live bootleg or even a soundboard rip from it like we did in 2008. I listened to that set quite a lot - seemed surreal at the time, the short hair was an interesting tidbit as well. Curious how his DJ set will compared to the 2008 one, which started off with drone from Emeralds being interrupted by an instrumental Public Enemy track.

WHY GOD, WHY IS HE AT COACHELLA AGAIN?!

DIDN'T YOU PUNISH ME ENOUGH 10 YEARS AGO?!

WHAAAAAYYYYY?!!!

*regrettably starts booking time off and building feather headdress for inevitable immersion into all things Coachella, again*

Just get drunk at home and watch the YouTube stream like the rest of us.

They don't live stream every act, and I believe artists are allowed to forbid their performances from being streamed. Eminem didn't allow them to last year IIRC. Here's to hoping they stream Aphex though. 

I'm still holding out to see if he'll play Mexico City or Governor's Ball in NYC before thinking about Coachella again. 

I love the clips of Squarepusher playing 2001

Curious how his DJ set will compared to the 2008 one, which started off with drone from Emeralds being interrupted by an instrumental Public Enemy track.

I suspect it'll be similar to what we've been getting in his sets since DFN. All of which have been fantastic. I'm mostly concerned that he might get a short 50-60 min set @ Coachella as opposed to a 1:30-2:00 hr set.

Archived