IGNORED

Aphex Twin 2019 Live Dates

____-_-____

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Day for Night is no more, probably lost my chance to ever see Richard live again...

Has it been confirmed that Day for Night is dead? 

As for Aphex playing a summer fest in the US, I could see him playing Hard Summer Fest rather than Coachella.

DFN is likely dead, or at the very least will take a few years to be revived, which is a shame.

Aphex would never play HARD. First off, Gary Richards doesn't book it anymore after he was booted from the company, so it's now just generic hip hop/trap edm stuff (and had already been heading that way even with Gary booking), and secondly, the chemical brothers barely drew a crowd of a couple hundred people when they played HARD a few years back. I was there and it was dismal after seeing them play to a massive crowd at sonar. 

Just heard from someone (who is reliable and has an excellent track record when it comes to festival booking leaks) that Aphex Twin has been booked for Coachella next year along with a New York show (Panorama??) and a Mexico City show. These may be his only shows next year.

What big Stateside venue could he potentially play? Coachella?

Alleged 2019 Coachella headliners are Kanye, Justin Timberlake, and Childish Gambino. I can’t see Aphex Twin there in a subheadliner slot. If he is, I’ll eat my words and go to my first Coachella, but I won’t be happy about that or his inevitable 60min set.

Aphex Twin is not headliner material for a major commercial festival in the U.S. like Coachella. He'll be a subheadliner.

Just heard from someone (who is reliable and has an excellent track record when it comes to festival booking leaks) that Aphex Twin has been booked for Coachella next year along with a New York show (Panorama??) and a Mexico City show. These may be his only shows next year.

Mexico city being Mutek I assume? 

Mexico city being Mutek I assume? 

I didn't hear "Mutek", just that he'll be playing in "Mexico City". After looking up what Mutek is, I'd say it's a distinct possibility that he'll be playing that festival next year.

• 2 months later...

What big Stateside venue could he potentially play? Coachella?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsGIBm5hDhi/

So it seems confirmed, Richard will play Coachella in April..

April 1st?  ;)

i think he was supposed to play the 2nd coachella back in 2000 or 2001 whenever it was.. but he cancelled.. squarepusher played though. it was a very different world then and a very different coachella. 

Well we all know how it goes with Richard's statements and the eventual execution but something NY related would be very dope. Still haven't been to the Big Apple and there's a meechy catfish out there that I would noodle up from the depths to come rave with me.

:beer:

Just to remind the youngins here, he's played Coachella before (10 years ago in fact)

and 16 years ago

Indeed! I neglected to mention it since it makes me feel old(er) :dadjoke:

He did not play Coachella in 2001 but originally that was the plan, and posters were printed. But really something happened and he was replaced by Plaid and Squarepusher, which was amazing!!

if hes on the next mutek mx ill shit my pants.  the festival was already awesome this year  (its in november).  if the above rumors are true, all the americans who lament coachella consider coming south to catch him

Just to remind the youngins here, he's played Coachella before (10 years ago in fact)

and 16 years ago

Indeed! I neglected to mention it since it makes me feel old(er) :dadjoke:

He did not play Coachella in 2001 but originally that was the plan, and posters were printed. But really something happened and he was replaced by Plaid and Squarepusher, which was amazing!!

https://youtu.be/CUu2yvD6EMw?t=54

if i knew RDJ couldnt get to USA again and Tom had a blistering twisted jungle set lined up instead with vodka.. id be there in a flash!

---------------------------------------------and if i had a spare grand. 

Please please please please please movement - i'm supposed to be going this year anyway cause I have a good friend who lives in downtown detroit.

Archived