IGNORED

B12 - Time Tourist (2xLP Expanded Edition) + Bonus Level 12”

jasondonervan

B12 - Time Tourist (2xLP Expanded Edition)

https://bleep.com/b12-time-tourist?utm_source=Bleep&utm_campaign=29085223e1-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_10_10_12_52&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_db8ca97389-29085223e1-569566

110884.jpg

unnamedy8cyz.jpg

- Gold vinyl

- 8pp booklet

- A5 sticker sheet

- DL card includes 4 previously unreleased bonus tracks

Bonus Level 12" (Bleep Exclusive)

110909.jpg

- Bleep Exclusive

- Hand-stamped white label

1 Scriptures (Lost Mix) 2:43

2 Silicon Garden (Likemind Mix) 6:43

3 DB5 (Original mix) 2:43

4 Infinite Lites (Original Mix) 6:47

-------------------------------------------------------------

Warp travel back to the lost futures of 1996 with this first-ever reissue of Time Tourist, the second album from the pioneering ambient techno producers B12.

Housed in an evocative Designer’s Republic sleeve based on a classic Trevor Webb airbrush painting, the sleevenotes of Time Tourist elude to the project as soundtracking a dystopian future society that’s looking back at the primitive past, evident from its strong references to Blade Runner, Philip K. Dick and Star Wars.

Each track on Time Tourist continues the outer edge excavations that made B12’s debut album, the Detroit inspired science fiction of Electro Soma (album 4 in Warp's Artificial Intelligence series) such a mind-warping experience, yet the concepts here are arguably stronger, with the album originally designed as an educational soundtrack designed by the 22nd-century company “B12 Systems”

Upon its original release, Time Tourist looked further out than most of B12’s AI peers to the outer space narratives that played such important role within the origins of techno that were built within the late 80's and early 90's landscape of Detroit. As such, they reached levels of science fiction escapism few others have rarely surpassed.

Having dug through their archive, B12 also offer us a glimpse of a new route through the alternative reality once travelled by the Time Tourist. The epic skyline of 'Scriptures' and 'Infinite Lines' get transported to new planets with these fascinating FX-laden dub versions, while the Likemind mix of 'Silicon Garden' steps further down the path towards Jazzy liquid techno. Before the soundtrack elements of 'DB5' are pulled to the surface with all the underground insanity of an Andrzej Korzynski soundtrack.

As a cultural document, Time Tourist is an evocative reminder of a time when electronic music really did hold the keys to the future. Yet with this newly reissued edition, we'd say there has never been a better time to take a tour of B12’s truly, timeless techno.

Consider the Time Tour complete.

i cannot stress how lit this is. *the* warp release that needed a repress. huge bonus that we're getting the silicon garden likemind mix (in my eyes the definitive version)  as the original 12" is an expensive purchase on discogs. 

Definitely good to see this classic getting a re-release of sorts. But these previously unreleased tracks were released on the archived compilations a few years ago!? (in 2009... almost a decade ago. my god time flies)

First time on vinyl, I guess. OK, I'll call the newspapers :)

Definitely good to see this classic getting a re-release of sorts. But these previously unreleased tracks were released on the archived compilations a few years ago!? (in 2009... almost a decade ago. my god time flies)

Thanks for the consumer report :)

not totally the first time on vinyl either:

Silicon Garden Likemind Mix is on vinyl here: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Likethemes/release/6140

Infinite Lites original mix here: https://www.discogs.com/Various-ART-71-B12141/release/9613

DB5 here: https://www.discogs.com/Cmetric-Cmetric/release/4546

I think the scriptures lost mix is new on wax.

Nope

Haven't heard this album before m8s.

damn. the whole album?? void/comm is one of the greatest ever idm tracks. possibly the best ever. at least in the top 10.

Nope. Cover alone looks immense.

Archived