IGNORED

Miyu Kojima Creates Miniature Replicas of Lonely Deaths

Joyrex

Twenty six-year old Miyu Kojima works for a company that cleans up after kodokushi (孤独死) or lonely deaths: a Japanese phenomenon of people dying alone and remaining undiscovered for a long period of time. The instances first began to be reported around 2000, and are thought to be a product of increased social isolation coupled with a greying population.

Part art therapy and part public service campaign, Kojima spends a large portion of her free time recreating detailed miniature replicas of the rooms she has cleaned. A word of caution: although recreated without the corpses, some of the replicas can be quite disturbing.

miyu-kojima-kodokushi-miniatures-2.jpg

In this instance the victim passed away in the bath due to heat shock and wasn’t discovered for 2 months. The reheating mechanism in the bath caused the decomposition to accelerate.

joyrex was there i heard

Funny you say that... I did work for a funeral home back in the late 90's and we went to get a body of a guy who died in his hot tub - he had been in the water so long when we pulled him out, his foot actually detached from his ankle...

most idm 2019

I was thinking of originally posting it as that... great minds think alike

Archived