IGNORED

Aphex & Paradox?

ceiling

Another thing I've noticed is that people on here only like something that's been approved/played by Richard.

Have to agree on that bit. I even find myself liking tracks just because he played them and I experienced them in the context of a set. But that also brings me to researching for more tracks. Sometimes I find a track I like and think: "This sounds totally like something Richard would play". And a few sets later, I hear this exact track in one of the live recordings :-D.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing I've noticed is that people on here only like something that's been approved/played by Richard.

100% correct.

it's also hilarious that if you dare insult the artist then the troll brigade (eg Adamovich/hello spiral/span) all come out the woodwork to defend them :facepalm:

100% correct.

it's also hilarious that if you dare insult the artist then the troll brigade (eg Adamovich/hello spiral/span) all come out the woodwork to defend them :facepalm:

I think insulting is never the right thing. Criticising is okay. This reminds me of fanboys praising every track from the soundcloud dump as if it was a masterpiece. They aren't! Some really good and nice ones in there (up to personal taste), but mostly sketches showcasing Richard's experiments and progression over time. That was the most interesting part of it for me. The fact he shares all that stuff with us is amazing though.

Assuming someone only likes an artist because the almighty Richard does is ridiculous.

Liking an artist because King Richard does is even more ridiculous.

If someone disagrees with an opinion you express and you reply with something like:

"All hail me as I am the oracle of drum and bass. I wasn't voted as such, I just decided I knew more than anyone else one day."

that's even more ridiculousererererer...

And also quite sad.

Someone's been doing too much coke and wanking in the mirror.

100% correct.

What did you expect? I'm allergic to people stating such vague comment and calling me an idiot for asking to elaborate it. Don't write any opinions if you are scared to explain them. This does not make anyone a fanboy or defender. After what you posted yesterday (that pathetic thread about RDJs exgf) you are now the last person here to have the right to question anything what I do or say. 

Also where this idea of only praising stuff Richard played even came from? I've never said anything that would suggest that. Don't put me into this bullshit. 

Fucking jungle experts. 

100% correct.

After what you posted yesterday (that pathetic thread about RDJs exgf) you are now the last person here to have the right to question anything what I do or say.

also correct.

100% correct.

I don't see aphex haters or aphex lovers, I only see morons

Holy shit, now I scrolled down the third page of this thread and ehmm. I used Sarcasmin my post (I keep forgetting that it is rarely known by people of America, my bad), but I think it's too late now for explanations. I'm a lame cocksucker now.   :cerious:

EDIT: And Aphex fanboy for some reason.

EDIT2: and maybe Paradox fanboy as well.

100% correct.

Hey B1000, got any rare pics of Richard's wife and kids?

100% correct.

What did you expect? I'm allergic to people stating such vague comment and calling me an idiot for asking to elaborate it. Don't write any opinions if you are scared to explain them. This does not make anyone a fanboy or defender. After what you posted yesterday (that pathetic thread about RDJs exgf) you are now the last person here to have the right to question anything what I do or say. 

Also where this idea of only praising stuff Richard played even came from? I've never said anything that would suggest that. Don't put me into this bullshit. 

Fucking jungle experts. 

you still haven't learnt (and never will) to respect other people opinions. i have all the rights to post my view on here m8

also indulin your starting to sound like a broken record 'also correct' every line :confuzzled:

100% correct.

Hey B1000, got any rare pics of Richard's wife and kids?

i never posted in that topic before it got deleted, sorry m8. i think there was about 30-40~ people who contributed to that topic way back when, but not sure if those guys still are active here.

ok chaps, let's get back on topic about us all loving Paradox :catsalute:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah OK I followed jungle/drum & bass RELIGIOUSLY from 94' to about 2006.  In that time period I know every significant record that came out as well as many of the most obscure and I saw every producer worth anything several times over in various cities.  There is absolute nothing you can tell me about the genre.  You are dead wrong first of all with your statement of "98-99"  The period of 00'-01' brought a whole new direction and host of game changing artists to the genre that are copied to this day.  In fact all the drum & bass you hear today comes from the style that was birthed from around 2000 - 2002....and like I said in my original post "give or take a few years.  98' was somewhat of a down year however 99 was a great year for drum & bass. 

I'm familiar with most of Paradox's catalog and I like about 5 tracks he's ever done so to me...as I said - he's good but not close to being one of the best or a standout in the genre.  Just because Richard likes his stuff means nothing to me.  I consider myself an OG master of the genre haha. 

Bump to say this is still a hilariously embarrassing read

Archived