IGNORED

James Shinra - Vital Heat LP

https://analogicalforce.bandcamp.com/album/af108lp-james-shinra-vital-heat-2018

a0158347032_16.jpg

After several releases as ’Supernova EP’ or ‘Meteor EP’, James Shinra comes of age with ‘Vital Heat’, a sublime 2x12" long-awaited debut album by one of the most talented producers around these days. ‘Vital Heat’ enriches, refines and expands upon his entire aesthetic, showing off Shinra’s signature dexterity in programming drums, pads and emotional melodies at an almost schizophrenic range of tempos, without restraint. The 11 tracks cycle thru a plethora of styles with the innocent agility and explorative freedom of the early-mid ‘90s wave of producers who arguably established the patterns which we all dance today to. Written in a key moment of his life, 'Vital Heat' acts as a lesson on how to reshape his influences into something hugely impressive. 

credits
releases November 30, 2018 

FUCK YEAH!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GET IN

I remember seeing Shinra like... 10 years ago when I first started going to Bang Face, he was just called Shinra at the time but he was class. His new stuff has been absolutely class.

Hope this doesn't sell out before my next paycheck. Those shipping costs are brutal but I want it so bad.

The shipping costs are SAVAGE. Makes it a $42 (usd) purchase. eek. 

I'd be willing to grab you a copy if you're worried about it selling out. Only prob is then you'd pay shipping costs twice. =/

I remember seeing Shinra like... 10 years ago when I first started going to Bang Face, he was just called Shinra at the time but he was class. His new stuff has been absolutely class.

Oh dang. How long has shinra been at the braindance thing? For some reason I always had it in my head he was a newer artist.

Oh dang. How long has shinra been at the braindance thing? For some reason I always had it in my head he was a newer artist.

2005 or 2006 IIRC was his first release? I think he was doing sets well before then though, 2000ish.

2005 or 2006 IIRC was his first release? I think he was doing sets well before then though, 2000ish.

The "Shinra" to "James Shinra" change was a result of copyright problems or something I think? Squareenix Holdings and the final fantasy series etc.

Archived