IGNORED

Machine Girl - The Ugly Art

WeAreOceans

I absolutely love this record, it really captures the energy of their live shows. They are about to embark on a huge US tour, if you get a chance don't miss it!

I was lucky enough to interview them about the new album last Saturday on Snareup, they were very generous with their time and gave really insightful and thoughtful answers.

Saw them earlier this year and it was a really fun show. It was all ages, so there were tons of rowdy teenagers. I stood at the back with all the olds.

• 2 years later...

I just listened to WLFGRL for the first time and holy shit it fucking rocks. can't believe I didn't make time for MG sooner, this is exactly the kind of dirty aggro precision mayhem minus cheesy breakcore vibes I wanted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, usagi said:

I just listened to WLFGRL for the first time and holy shit it fucking rocks. can't believe I didn't make time for MG sooner, this is exactly the kind of dirty aggro precision mayhem minus cheesy breakcore vibes I wanted.

I rlly miss this from their work tbh. I enjoy the mashcore and dancecore trends that appeared parallel to this more "serious"  trend much more.. there is something that really appeals to me about trying to make hard music +  it not taking itself seriously.

it's not exactly a dry doctoral essay on sound like SND or something, I don't think it's taking itself that seriously. as others have picked up it has the some of that trashy lo-fi weirdo/punk aesthetic as 90s digital hardcore which was always a little bit goofy. it just brings something more raw and fresh than the usual breakcore tropes which bore the piss out of me. I think it was some cornball Bong Ra track I randomly listened to that made me realise I'd had enough.

1 hour ago, usagi said:

its my favourite album of theirs by far, anything afterwards hasn't reached its level in my opinion