IGNORED

Kilohertz EP by Elecktroids

4d0

Clone Records have re-pressed the Kilohertz EP by Elecktroids (the album will come later)! There has been no official announcement yet, just a few pics on social media (one of DJ Stingray with a copy and label artwork) but similar to the last Transllusion EP it just appeared for sale, in this case at a Clone Pop-Up shop in Amsterdam (details of event at link below).
https://www.facebook.com/events/238910366976105/

I assume it will go on sale generally very soon (if it isn't already at the clone.nl shop in Rotterdam, Holland). Originally Warp released this EP and the Elektroworld album in 1995 but Clone must have licensed it from them or the contract had simply run out. The big news however is that the album is not too far behind! Happy day!

'While the line up of Elecktroids has been debated at length amongst the electronic music community, and it is known that the project involved a member or members of Drexciya, the exact membership is unclear. In July 2008 when Warp Records re-listed the CD version of the "Elektroworld" album on their Warpmart site, the promotional texts stated "Produced by Drexciya's late James Stinson"'
https://www.discogs.com/Elecktroids-Kilohertz/release/3676
https://www.discogs.com/Elecktroids-Elektroworld/master/5435

https://www.facebook.com/drexciyaresearchlab/posts/2174440045941783?__xts__[0]=68.ARAALU0hDL3emY07KGMEP2Bm0nxLzHyJZ6yKv9zwSfhWHsUJaZ7e0dre6GYxomabq4xO2PwxywGFA-qnKriL-l9Ocn_zcAzfH8G9Z-s4QVtakOvzvWE89HMIqm2nEs1Yp_DndBnN4MvGob4GogImmUAyouZUCVLg_hb4ryQgQ-7APOtb5OpNoFX8XQO0DxUhybLkEia_5aXUJfqJvq83VNoRVPY&__tn__=-R

Promising? It's a re-release!? The outcome is already known! Expectations have been met (or not) a while ago. Whats left to promise? New artwork? Artwork doesn't create sounds. ;)

That album is and was mighty fine, btw. Definitely a drukqs/10!

Promising? It's a re-release!? The outcome is already known! Expectations have been met (or not) a while ago. Whats left to promise? New artwork? Artwork doesn't create sounds. ;)

That album is and was mighty fine, btw. Definitely a drukqs/10!

I like the idea of owning the record, and I hope it's good pressing.

Aah, the physical pressing comment kind of guy. Oh well. Sorted.

Can't get quite on board with the plethora of reviews on discogs nowadays. Reviews nowadays are all about pressing quality. Actual review of the music itself is non-existant. The only thing that matters is pressing quality.

Apparently the market for physical pressings is an interesting one. People seem to rebuy a lot. Hoping for some magical pressing. THE ultimate pressing. My guess is there's quite a number of people rebuying a release with each new pressing. Hoping for the perfect pressing. Which never comes.

And digitals? You don't 'own' digitals! ;)

I own a harddisk with a lot of digitals. It's got a beautiful aluminum casing. Feels nice in the hands. :p

Grabbed the reissue yesterday at the Clone ADE store together with three new Legowelt albums and a 12" of Aleksi Perala remixes of Mr. Fingers tracks. All exclusive stuff not to get anywhere else (for now) which is cool for me and shit for the rest of the world but what can I do... Made for a nice trip with the mates anyway.

Just put it on and after the two tracks on the b-side it fell in a locked groove, with a previously unreleased Elecktroids track after it. It's way better than the original tracks on the B-side too (Kilohertz EP was always among my least fav Drexciya), has typical Elecktroids / early Dopplereffekt / Japanese Telecom vocals saying "Digital Warlock" and "war of cyber space" with Stinson backing vocals. Cool electro banger.

Hope the full album will have an extra cut or two as well!

I'm not really a fan of the generic brown sleeve for repressing a record that previously had art. I hope the repressing of Elecktroworld has the original art.

Thank you for that new unreleased track -- that has completely made my day and blown my mind.

awesome. we need a formenverwandler repress

YES!!!! this times a lot of times!

First heard this in Richie's de9 closer to the edit. It wasn't until years later I heard the actual record, gives me goosebumps almost every time.

Archived