IGNORED

Where do I start with Autechre?

Decoy Blimp

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

listen to only confield until you like it

or even: just listen to Bine and Lentic Catachresis on repeat until you like them. This is how one "unlocks" autechre 

Chronologically, if you want to hear the development of style which is pretty darn cool. But each release offers something different. Given where they started and where they're at now, LP5 and Oversteps cut right through the middle and offers a bit of both worlds- atmosphere and complexity.

• 2 months later...

EP7 should have been LP5 and vica versa.  LP5's just a warmup.

PS I opened this thread because the girl I'm seeing wants to hear some Autechre... I'm nervous and excited.  Very tempted to start with Confield.  That was my start point.

EP7 should have been LP5 and vica versa.  LP5's just a warmup.

PS I opened this thread because the girl I'm seeing wants to hear some Autechre... I'm nervous and excited.  Very tempted to start with Confield.  That was my start point.

nah i wouldn't go with confield for a first. i would start with something lighter

my own experience was, my ex gf was into amber and oversteps only

She wants weird, and I want to start with something that will blow her world wide open.  I'm going to do skim through EP7, LP5, Chiastic Slide and Confield, then make a decision based on my sense of what I would grab her most.

Bladeroles worked for me in my recent Ae introduction experience.

Subject: Female, 38 years old

Previous known music affiliation: rock music aficionado

Mental state: Blow my mind

My interpretation of her mental state: OK, but I'll go with a tame and accessible one just in case

Response: "Really good."

Follow-up: N/A

She wants weird, and I want to start with something that will blow her world wide open. I'm going to do skim through EP7, LP5, Chiastic Slide and Confield, then make a decision based on my sense of what I would grab her most.

make a playlist?

She wants weird, and I want to start with something that will blow her world wide open. I'm going to do skim through EP7, LP5, Chiastic Slide and Confield, then make a decision based on my sense of what I would grab her most.

make a playlist?

I don't do playlists, full albums only.  Good suggestion though.  A more reasonable person might take it.

Archived