IGNORED

Now That Bolsonaro's President...

dingformung

A man who says he is "pro torture" and "pro dictatorship", a right-extremist militarist who admires the military dictatorship of the 80s, a man whose supporters committed over 50 violent attacks on left politicians, activists and different-minded people during the last couple of days and burned down the National Museum where millions of invaluable and unique artworks were destroyed, a man who hates artists, black people, women and non-Christians, got elected president of Brazil yesterday. And Trump shakes hands with him and congratulates him. Have things always been so fucked or is the world falling apart lately? Let's hope that people somehow find a way out of this downward spiral, not only in Brazil.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shit. i hadn't seen the news that he won. i knew he won the first runoff or whatever. fuck. that sucks for brazil and everyone really. 

whole world leaning hard right

^^^ in all fairness that was going to happen regardless if bolsonaro won or not. brasil's population is out of control and the rainforest has been in decline for decades now: 2 things that have majorly affected the indigenous people of that region

i'm starting to have a sinking feeling that trump could win in november again because the consequence of what has happened/is happening has yet taken full effect

You must understand that the situation in South America is unimaginably shitty, and has been forever (or well, atleast since we got colonized as we don't have many records left of how life was before that). Things have swung to both extremes in almost all countries and the level of corruption is scandalous, in all of our countries.

Bolsonaro is yet another symptom of this, another is the current govermnet murders going on in Nicaragua (edit: which is imo a way more alarming situation), the newly elected Colombian President declaring war on its guerillas and ofc Venezuela, all of it a result of unimaginable corruption..

The lack of coverage of the situation in Nicaragua by the mainatream media is shameful to say the least, how many of you have even heard about it?

edit: nwae, this thread is about Brazil.. just saddens me how much suffering goes unheard by the masses

Bolsonaro is an absolute nutter tho.. jfc.. imagine trump saying any of this shit

the only "good" reason for he being elected apparently is that he has promised to fight corruption (something I very much doubt he will do but evidently something the people of Brazil are willing to sell their soul to the devil for)

The lack of coverage of the situation in Nicaragua by the mainatream media is shameful to say the least, how many of you have even heard about it?

edit: nwae, this thread is about Brazil.. just saddens me how much suffering goes unheard by the masses

Yes, this is definitely another level of fuckery. Lots of places in the world are in really shitty condition human right wise yet nobody knows about it.

Bolsonaro is an absolute nutter tho.. jfc.. imagine trump saying any of this shit

the only "good" reason for he being elected apparently is that he has promised to fight corruption (something I very much doubt he will do but evidently something the people of Brazil are willing to sell their soul to the devil for)

Well his whole campaign was corrupt. It was financed illegally and the lies he made use of to win are pretty surreal. For example he claimed that his opponent distributes dick shaped baby bottles at kindergartens to make kids gay or that the "European Consul of the European Consulate in Brazil" said that if he gets elected Europe will invest "10 times more and a giant wave of employment will come over the country", even though there is no European Consulate in Brazil. Shit like that.  He won't fight corruption, he basically is the incarnation of corruption and doesn't care for constitutional legality at all

and burned down the National Museum where millions of invaluable and unique artworks were destroyed

Not to take away from any of your other accusations, but im pretty sure bolsonaro had nothing to do with the museum fire.  The curators themselves had said that it was a fight with all of the previous governments to get enough funding, and the deferred maintainance and lack of adequete fire protection systems led to this preventable tragedy

and burned down the National Museum where millions of invaluable and unique artworks were destroyed

Not to take away from any of your other accusations, but im pretty sure bolsonaro had nothing to do with the museum fire.  The curators themselves had said that it was a fight with all of the previous governments to get enough funding, and the deferred maintainance and lack of adequete fire protection systems led to this preventable tragedy

I said his supporters burnt the Museum, no him personally.

Yes, this is definitely another level of fuckery. Lots of places in the world are in really shitty condition human right wise yet nobody knows about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ayk-11cKI

Well his whole campaign was corrupt. It was financed illegally and the lies he made use of to win are pretty surreal. For example he claimed that his opponent distributes dick shaped baby bottles at kindergartens to make kids gay or that the "European Consul of the European Consulate in Brazil" said that if he gets elected Europe will invest "10 times more and a giant wave of employment will come over the country", even though there is no European Consulate in Brazil. Shit like that. He won't fight corruption, he basically is the incarnation of corruption and doesn't care for constitutional legality at all

If that's all he has done it's a weak incarnate of corruption compared to virtually all politicians in South America, I'm not defending the guy but it is important to contextualize: corruption is the main problem here and it permeates all levels of society.. it's an extremely tricky problem to solve.. I'm afraid you are right in that Bolsonaro will just make matters worse

edit: I pray not too much worse, I have family and friends in Brazil

I said his supporters burnt the Museum, not him personally.

I have read nothing about arson much less politically motivated arson.  Not sure where you get your news, but do you have any sources on this?

They just made it very easy for the US to invade and conquer and control their fresh water supply.

Climate change yadda yadda.

They just made it very easy for the US to invade and conquer and control their fresh water supply.

Climate change yadda yadda.

aren't they just coming out of a massive drought? 

pause.. .googles.. adds link

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2015/feb/11/brazil-drought-ngo-alliance-50-ngos-saving-water-collapse

they're not a lone in that.. i think chile was in a drought and i read a doomsday type "runing out of drinking water" headline about them too. 

Oh, I actually hadn't heard that they were in a drought. I've read a lot of articles stating that South American countries have a ton of fresh water and aren't as in danger as North America concerning water.

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2015/03/10/brasil-colombia-peru-paises-mas-agua-tienen-en-el-mundo

But I suppose that may have been wrong.

>On what basis do you claim that 90% of boys adopted by gays turn out gay?

"No basis, that's what I infer"

Lmao

I give up, at least I will only live another double digit number of years at most, then I can be free of this shitty fucking place.

Oh, I actually hadn't heard that they were in a drought. I've read a lot of articles stating that South American countries have a ton of fresh water and aren't as in danger as North America concerning water.

http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/feature/2015/03/10/brasil-colombia-peru-paises-mas-agua-tienen-en-el-mundo

interesting. conflicting news stories.. that never happens ;)

i saw a vice story.. i think it was vice.. that showed people collecting rain water in buckets on their roof tops so they could wash their hair etc. 

i'll have to find that story.  it was crazy.. and sort of terrible in a way that the stories about "south african city running out of water" were terrible but i've not heard anything about it in months. 

There’s one country that’s in no danger of drought, but we’re not giving up our water that easily...oh wait yes we are, you didn’t even have to invade us.

Archived