IGNORED

Time for some Clark praise

Lachesi

Seems like everyone here do not appreciate Clark's recent output. 

Some sort of nostalgic attitude prevails in me too, but hey his musical career is now almost 20 years! A period of time in which his musical production has concerned many musical genres where he has shown interest in explore the expressive possibilities of various instruments, while his more electronic output is always been characterized by the research of a very personal and recognizable timbre of sound.

Yes, Throttle Promoter was great and all the first albums too! I feel like many people is upset for the 4/4 slower techno interest shown in the latest albums... About this, I think it's been very curious listening how his eclectic sensibility touched this style of techno. 

I'd like to hear your opinions about the following tracks: 

Total rave mode on, I wonder how the kick drop feels like in a proper club soundsystem after those first 2 minutes of waiting/tension. 

(shorter edit version  in this video)

After many plays gives me still very emotionally, perfect mdma track!

2017 - Slap Drones from Death Peak

How can this not be liked? Very original and entertaining track from start to finish

[not on youtube sorry]

Brainmelting.. all the remix album is so funny and variegated

Very cool jungle track (and funny at mixing it)

At first listen I remember I said wtf all this joy is not my thing, then some weeks later I re-listened this on a perfect spring afternoon and really really appreciated its beauty

No need for other words about his ambient/minimalistic side

Edited by Lachesi

There are two kingdoms of the subforum realm atm. One kingdom of Autechre and the other of Aphex Twin. 

It is true all the rest are rather quiet (like Camp Clark). Kingdom of BOC just takes one tiny spark and it'll be a guaranteed forest fire both combined Kingdoms of AE and AFX will struggle to keep under control.

Clarks recent material is cool, that last 12" was terrible though. That was one play and never again material tbh imo.

I'll go through those tracks you posted, because some of them I'm not sure I know that well.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

Some of his best tracks are compilation tracks and remixes. I compiled a sort of Feast/Beast Disc 3 with all the missing tracks in case anyone's interested wink wink

Woah didn't know anything about these ones! Nice discoveries!

(exept for the Storm Trooper track, that was also somewhere here along with his macho moves)

https://youtu.be/h43qOpXTx7E 

There are two kingdoms of the subforum realm atm. One kingdom of Autechre and the other of Aphex Twin. 

It is true all the rest are rather quiet (like Camp Clark). Kingdom of BOC just takes one tiny spark and it'll be a guaranteed forest fire both combined Kingdoms of AE and AFX will struggle to keep under control.

Clarks recent material is cool, that last 12" was terrible though. That was one play and never again material tbh imo.

I'll go through those tracks you posted, because some of them I'm not sure I know that well.

Yes that Pig/Honey Bedger was really a bad one. I feel like Warp asked him other two tracks off the last album in order to monetize (?)

Yeah on almost every Clark thread in here there's like at least 5 posts about how Empty The Bones of You/Throttle Promoter was much better and how much he should get back to that style. Don't know what's more boring between these reactions and Clark's tendancies to botch his tracks with an early ambient fade out lol.

For what it's worth though he confessed in one of his recent interviews how much of a pain it was for him to make ETBOY. He had close to no fun making it. By all means it's a great record but I think this statement makes it all the more pointless to wish for a comeback to that form.

Yes that Pig/Honey Bedger was really a bad one. I feel like Warp asked him other two tracks off the last album in order to monetize (?)

Not meaning to be pedantic but I meant the E.C.S.T  T.R.A.X

(but the Pig/Honey Badger wasn't that memorable either)

Not meaning to be pedantic but I meant the E.C.S.T  T.R.A.X

(but the Pig/Honey Badger wasn't that memorable either)

Well I appreciate the "abstract" form of the tracks, but I still want to suspend judgment on something I've not listened more than a few times. Don't like the Piano timbre, but the harpsichord could be a good track to mix over some jungle beat 

It was around the time he declared that he was so over snare drums I gave up all hope for Mr wheelchair.

ET-Boy and throttle though, pwoar

Edited by Gocab

I'm basically in the 1% of people that really liked Iradelphic.

Feast/Beast was great though, and there's the odd track on each new release that I enjoy but overall not the same Clarky boy as before. 

ETBOY through to Turning Dragon at least are my fav.

I'm basically in the 1% of people that really liked Iradelphic.

Feast/Beast was great though, and there's the odd track on each new release that I enjoy but overall not the same Clarky boy as before.

ETBOY through to Turning Dragon at least are my fav.

Iradelphic is very personal and eclectic (yesterday evening I played Open after a long time)

feast beast is absolutely awesome. It’s so diverse. One of my fav things about Clark was how he always pushed his sound from record to record. He seems so stuck now though. I’m sure he will come back around.

feast beast is absolutely awesome. It’s so diverse. One of my fav things about Clark was how he always pushed his sound from record to record. He seems so stuck now though. I’m sure he will come back around.

*looks at Honey Badger/Pig, looks at ECST TRAX* 

Um, I mean I was into Death Peak but there's also the Last Panthers soundtrack along with those recentish singles....none of it is just out of this world groundbreaking but it's varied and interesting and even if you're not into the tracks, he seems to be trying some new stuff overall. His 'main' albums aren't the best but I don't think there's much argument for him being stuck.

S/T album was a fun album (although it felt a little short / undercooked but I still enjoy it), Feast/Beast shows the true energy that Clark is capable of and is mega diverse / top banana.

His soundtrack work for The Last Panthers in 2016 was actually really good and probably missed by a lot of folks here.

Not felt the recent 12" releases.  Sorry Clark

Berlin :cry: :cry: :cry:

*looks at Honey Badger/Pig, looks at ECST TRAX*

Um, I mean I was into Death Peak but there's also the Last Panthers soundtrack along with those recentish singles....none of it is just out of this world groundbreaking but it's varied and interesting and even if you're not into the tracks, he seems to be trying some new stuff overall. His 'main' albums aren't the best but I don't think there's much argument for him being stuck.

i forgot about last panthers, that was really good

i asked Clark about the fake artists on Feast/Beast on his reddit AMA but he didn't reply

Nice try  :smile:

Nice try what?

A few of the artists that made the "original tracks" only have one track, and it's on Feast/Beast. Leads one to believe they were just Clark originals disguised as a remix.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj