IGNORED

Underworld - Drift

purlieu

Pearls Girl is my favourite Underworld track, and this 26 minute stretched out dubby version is AMAZING

I will be getting tickets for whatever "special" tour they are announcing tomorrow (assuming its UK...)

Exciting times for Underworld fans, this feels like their "NTS" sessions box set.  I just read they are only half way through releasing the Drift music, so there is plenty more to come!

Wembley Arena looks like a pretty massive venue, I have been to the Stadium (saw Foo Fighters there years ago) which was very impressive.

weday2015_613.jpg

Edited by Soloman Tump

On 4/20/2019 at 9:03 AM, StephenG said:

^ I figure that's the case, which I'm all for. Would love to see this as maybe a CD boxed set with some artwork, back-story for some of the tracks etc (lots of the music and videos feature other artists, different locations etc). 

I'd shell out for it. :shrug:

I knew it ?

On 5/19/2019 at 1:20 AM, chenGOD said:
On 5/18/2019 at 7:06 PM, Extralife said:

Yes this is pretty damn special. 

They are reminding the world that they are still the masters.

also, Drift is nearing AFX SoundCloud dump levels of awesomeness.

Read more  

Yeah, no.

It's been great - but think of how much music Aphex put up, for free.

the quality of the drift stuff is really high though, this isn't just old stuff recovered from a dusty HD, there's clearly a lot of love here

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 1:20 AM, chenGOD said:

It's been great - but think of how much music Aphex put up, for free.

3 hours ago, moonside said:

the quality of the drift stuff is really high though, this isn't just old stuff recovered from a dusty HD, there's clearly a lot of love here

Spoiler

ive never heard of underworld.. ill be going now *exits thru back door

Edited by markedone

13 hours ago, moonside said:

Implying the quality of stuff from the SoundCloud dump wasn’t high? Them’s fighting words!  

I like underworld a lot, and think this drift stuff is really excellent, but I don’t think it’s near the quality or quantity of the pages SoundCloud dump. But that’s just like, my opinion, man. 

Anyone who can sing the lyric ‘do you wanna buy my car’ sound utterly, effortlessly, brilliantly cool is a genius IMO.

Edited by beer badger

Yeah its an awesome track.  It was an instant earworm simply from listening to the 60 second "trailer" they posted on instagram.  Well excited for the show and the box.

Edited by Soloman Tump

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard the latest ones Listen To Their No, Schiphol Test and Hundred Weight Hammer (which rings a bell, maybe I've heard it on the radio...)

Wow, what magic elixir are these guys drinking? 

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Hm, release of the box set was supposed to be today, but Amazon informs me that shipping will be delayed until Nov 22. Anyone else get this?

I did but I've checked other stores and they are saying Nov 1st

• Thanks 1