IGNORED

Red Dead Redemption 2

tec

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lopez, there's a eugenics/white supremacist in St. Denis handing out pamphlets.

:::pushes B to antagonize:::

I listened to that dude for a while until he called Arthur an idiot, then I chased him through Saint Denis, hogtied him, and threw him in the water.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a sense of if the game world "opens up" after certain chapters and/or the end-game? 

Basically, I'm having a blast spending at least half my time just randomly roaming. But then I realize that are things I just can't do b/c I haven't gotten to a certain part in the game. E.g., (this is not really a spoiler) I went down to the boggy area and there is a bait shop, but I haven't done a fishing mission, so I can't fish. Or, there are guns that are locked in the catalog at the stores, presumably because I'm not that far in to the game (I'm basically just at the end of Chapter 2). 

Trying to figure out if I should blaze through the story missions to unlock things - or if that's going to made substantive changes to the game world that might ruin the free-roam aspect . . .  

I’d say chapter 3 or 4 are best for roaming. You have most things unlocked by then and the story really ramps up around chapter 5 and 6, making it harder to roam. I don’t think you can go west of Blackwater until the epilogues, but the rest of the map is fair game. You’re able to roam around and finish all of the stranger missions after the endgame too

I’d say chapter 3 or 4 are best for roaming. You have most things unlocked by then and the story really ramps up around chapter 5 and 6, making it harder to roam. I don’t think you can go west of Blackwater until the epilogues, but the rest of the map is fair game. You’re able to roam around and finish all of the stranger missions after the endgame too

Ace. Exactly what I was hoping for, TY! Also, nice to know about the ability to roam/still have stranger missions post-epilogues. Hot!

Lopez, there's a eugenics/white supremacist in St. Denis handing out pamphlets.

:::pushes B to antagonize:::

I listened to that dude for a while until he called Arthur an idiot, then I chased him through Saint Denis, hogtied him, and threw him in the water.

That's wonderful. I yelled at him, so he packed up his shit and left. Then the next time I saw him I went up and shoved him, so he ran off. Haven't seen him around since then.

yeah i've got a lot of dino bones to collect

same... where the hell are they? I haven't seen one since the first encounter and I've been doing a lot of roaming.

I've been playing kinda like mull-dog, feeding chinese people to the alligators, getting the best beaver hats, occasionally shooting a wild horse. (which pisses me off btw that you get a negative honor rating for shooting a wild horse but nothing for nailing a glorious bald eagle out of the air, or any other animal for that matter.)

played a few hours of the rdr2 online yesterday.  Basically setting up my character, a couple initial quests, and some exploring.  I'm loving how they integrated a prequel storyline to rdr2 as the online game.  

They pay you a 19th century wage but make you pay 21st century prices. You make like $5 per mission or match and the guns are upwards of $1,000. They are also adding gold bars as microtransactions but the store is not live yet. Someone did the math and it takes you around 8 hours to get one gold bar, and some things cost 5-20 gold bars. Just changing your gun color is 2 gold bars, you can’t even use in-game money. There’s also the issue where there’s no way to enable passive mode or start an invite only server like in GTA so you have little psychopaths running around killing people. Some of the game modes they’ve made are really fun but they really need to cut the greedy bullshit

Saw those practices coming a mile away after gta5, what a shame.  I looked through the in game shop(catalog) and yea the prices seem outrageous.  Guess I'll be in the didn't pay so I lose category just like I was in gta.  Being an old guy, I just can't make sense of what's become of the gaming industry.  

Archived