IGNORED

CRAUSSINIWTXEHPAENIZAGAMKCE94.NET

jasondonervan

what aphex says in the crack interview: I often try to think, if I'm playing in Berlin, say, "Who do I know in Berlin? What track do I know that I can play?" Because they might be there at the gig.

what aphex actually does: reuses 11 (eleven) tracks at funkhaus that he played at bime 2018

bravo richard

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what aphex says in the crack interview: I often try to think, if I'm playing in Berlin, say, "Who do I know in Berlin? What track do I know that I can play?" Because they might be there at the gig.

what aphex actually does: reuses 11 (eleven) tracks at funkhaus that he played at bime 2018

bravo richard

oh c'mon, every dj has a kind of "program" for a tour. people rarely go to TWO gigs in such a short amount of time, so who cares. first it's expensive and second i know that sets will be kinda similar. he still varies a lot though i think. berlin was very hard techno stuff, fitting the venue and crowd, turin seems to be way more ambient and melodies, although he still used a lot of the berlin tracks. i love his sets, not because he's the king of mixing/djing or something, but because he's very creative in track choice. some really weird stuff sometimes, because of his status he can do this and that's a good thing. love identifying and digging for the new tracks after each tour :-)!

bravo richard

oh c'mon, every dj has a kind of "program" for a tour. people rarely go to TWO gigs in such a short amount of time, so who cares. first it's expensive and second i know that sets will be kinda similar. he still varies a lot though i think. berlin was very hard techno stuff, fitting the venue and crowd, turin seems to be way more ambient and melodies, although he still used a lot of the berlin tracks. i love his sets, not because he's the king of mixing/djing or something, but because he's very creative in track choice. some really weird stuff sometimes, because of his status he can do this and that's a good thing. love identifying and digging for the new tracks after each tour :-)!

I agree...its a common trend with him anyway. If you look at the Oz tour or 2009 tour....common tracks sprinkle the sets (paradox etc) but he also changes mood and can play more or less aggressive sets. Gosh maybe he's human! I bet too he enjoys taking a banger and seeing "what will it sound like on THIS system" or "what will i miss with it NOW"?   All I know is he ALWAYS delivers a varied fun set with drops of surprise older tracks and I would say he usually does play local artists 

Do you find yourself more of a thinker or a doer these days?

Definitely a thinker

Never thought I'd see Aphex say this. I wonder what he means...

bravo richard

I agree...its a common trend with him anyway. If you look at the Oz tour or 2009 tour....common tracks sprinkle the sets (paradox etc) but he also changes mood and can play more or less aggressive sets. Gosh maybe he's human! I bet too he enjoys taking a banger and seeing "what will it sound like on THIS system" or "what will i miss with it NOW"? All I know is he ALWAYS delivers a varied fun set with drops of surprise older tracks and I would say he usually does play local artists
I kind of diminished the gig for me in the same way by listening to all bime tracks before seeing him live in Berlin. I will never spoil me like this again. Should have known better

bravo richard

> obsessively track down his DJ sets and tracklists

> get frustrated over not being surprised at the show you actually attend

good job

bravo richard

good job

same thoughts. i knew i'll be in berlin, so i didn't bother checking bime tracks out ^^.

Definitely a thinker

makes sense in the context of the rest of the interview

they said something like "a month of aphex twin" so is there more interview coming or something like that? a mix?

Yeah, saw that too. Was :w00t:. Would be really interesting to hear what RDJ would come up with "built" mix instead of pure live one. Unless he just usually plugs the usb stick in for a pre-built set and shuffles around watmm for those two hours his live set takes. Guetta that?  :dadjoke: 

bravo richard

good job

i checked the bime thread to see if aphex had played a new track and saw popeonarope's post about the incomplete tracklist. i added five of those eight tracks to a spotify playlist and would later hear three of them @ funkhaus: bicep - orca, lanark artefax - touch absence (intimidating stillness mix) and zuli - trigger finger. my point still stands. even without being familiar with the complete bime tracklist a sense of the familiar permeated aphex's funkhaus set. besides the noisy outro, which was dissociative and effective, and the unreleased afx snippet, there were no jaw dropping moments for me. i would have killed to have heard a favorite analord track live; hieroglyphic being played phonatacid @ smartbar when i saw jlin, maybe that is as close as i will get. from my vantage point, the club to club set is superior to the bime and funkhaus shows, and not just because i'm a cunt german who expected a live performance aot to dj set and can only get my rocks off if aphex plays his own tracks. furthermore my sister had to leave ten minutes before aphex so i felt a veil of sadness and disappointment separate me from the entire show, p. much until the finale shocked me back to reality. for me, luke's set saved the night and left an indelible impression which aphex's set did not. at metz 2010, where aphex debuted xmas_eve, aphex opened the set with fireworks sfx and transitioned into #3 aka rhubarb (reversed). where were these intimate touches @ funkhaus?

it was my second live aphex experience, the first being dfn 2016. and there is simply no comparison between the two sets. i am further alienated by the posters tripping over themselves to praise the set. a good bootleg and several lengthy youtube videos exist. where is the collapse moment? the set up 707 rain moment? did any track at funkhaus hit as hard as x-103 - eruption? idk. maybe i just wasn't on enough drugs. the twat germans were all smoking tobacco, i didn't find any thc until much later in the night...

Definitely a thinker

makes sense in the context of the rest of the interview

Never thought I'd see pizza say this. I wonder what he means...

bravo richard

good job

i checked the bime thread to see if aphex had played a new track and saw popeonarope's post about the incomplete tracklist. i added five of those eight tracks to a spotify playlist and would later hear three of them @ funkhaus: bicep - orca, lanark artefax - touch absence (intimidating stillness mix) and zuli - trigger finger. my point still stands. even without being familiar with the complete bime tracklist a sense of the familiar permeated aphex's funkhaus set. besides the noisy outro, which was dissociative and effective, and the unreleased afx snippet, there were no jaw dropping moments for me. i would have killed to have heard a favorite analord track live; hieroglyphic being played phonatacid @ smartbar when i saw jlin, maybe that is as close as i will get. from my vantage point, the club to club set is superior to the bime and funkhaus shows, and not just because i'm a cunt german who expected a live performance aot to dj set and can only get my rocks off if aphex plays his own tracks. furthermore my sister had to leave ten minutes before aphex so i felt a veil of sadness and disappointment separate me from the entire show, p. much until the finale shocked me back to reality. for me, luke's set saved the night and left an indelible impression which aphex's set did not. at metz 2010, where aphex debuted xmas_eve, aphex opened the set with fireworks sfx and transitioned into #3 aka rhubarb (reversed). where were these intimate touches @ funkhaus?

it was my second live aphex experience, the first being dfn 2016. and there is simply no comparison between the two sets. i am further alienated by the posters tripping over themselves to praise the set. a good bootleg and several lengthy youtube videos exist. where is the collapse moment? the set up 707 rain moment? did any track at funkhaus hit as hard as x-103 - eruption? idk. maybe i just wasn't on enough drugs. the twat germans were all smoking tobacco, i didn't find any thc until much later in the night...

Ah too bad u didn,t like it.... I thought it was AWESOME!?

Archived