IGNORED

Who prefers old Aphex material here?

TheBro

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love 85-92, but the mastering quality always makes me turn it off about 3/4 of the way through Xtal...

The frame helps make the art for me.   I feel like a perfectly mastered 85-92 without tape noise, etc, would just be weird.  

I love 85-92, but the mastering quality always makes me turn it off about 3/4 of the way through Xtal...

The frame helps make the art for me.   I feel like a perfectly mastered 85-92 without tape noise, etc, would just be weird.  

I feel ya, but can you imagine what a clear, crisp Xtal would sound like? Maybe one day Richard will "redo" some of his older tracks since they were mastered to tape originally...

I feel ya, but can you imagine what a clear, crisp Xtal would sound like? Maybe one day Richard will "redo" some of his older tracks since they were mastered to tape originally...

Visual simulation of a 'crisp Xtal'

Can't deny that I'd love to hear that.  He's gotten really great with sound design, and the end of abundance hints at what that would sound like for me.  

I certainly love this fan-made music video. Even to the simpleton's eye, the contrast between the song and the media being displayed on screen is apparent. And just like it is said that comedy & tragedy are two sides of the same coin, so this music video reminds us of the fragility and ambiguity of human life. The song is so airy and simple and pure, like some sort of carefree fairy is out there in the universe and humming this tune along while watching all the unfortunate acts that we humans suffer from nature and from each others' communities and national governments. The video reinforces that the highest calibre of music is not only a cry to our inner souls to stop torturing ourselves and others, but it is also a cry deep out into the galaxy against the minute pointlessness of our condition. I know many people on watmm come to this site with aggressive, pre-formed opinions dictated to them by their own confirmation biases, whether that is over the musical content or some approbation over the grim content of the video, but I like to think that this video does have a therapeutic quality and maybe it has helped a few quiet, simple folk through the absurdity of their lives. Use music to remember each other and one another, and we can slowly change our animal tendencies, and try and stop the viciousness of this planet.

I certainly love this fan-made music video. Even to the simpleton's eye, the contrast between the song and the media being displayed on screen is apparent. And just like it is said that comedy & tragedy are two sides of the same coin, so this music video reminds us of the fragility and ambiguity of human life. The song is so airy and simple and pure, like some sort of carefree fairy is out there in the universe and humming this tune along while watching all the unfortunate acts that we humans suffer from nature and from each others' communities and national governments. The video reinforces that the highest calibre of music is not only a cry to our inner souls to stop torturing ourselves and others, but it is also a cry deep out into the galaxy against the minute pointlessness of our condition. I know many people on watmm come to this site with aggressive, pre-formed opinions dictated to them by their own confirmation biases, whether that is over the musical content or some approbation over the grim content of the video, but I like to think that this video does have a therapeutic quality and maybe it has helped a few quiet, simple folk through the absurdity of their lives. Use music to remember each other and one another, and we can slowly change our animal tendencies, and try and stop the viciousness of this planet.

Beautiful

WarmFavoriteCalf-size_restricted.gif

I have a certain soft spot for anything '95 and older, but I know that's just my old man nostalgia acting up.

Yeah, lols aside SAW85-92 is probably my most revisited album by him. But I listen to a lot of his stuff all the time and when something new drops I’ll spin it countless times.

Opinions like this is why Richard no longer speaks to you mate

Archived