IGNORED

Korg Volca Keys

TheBro

Also, while the sample's MIDI implementation earned all the derision it gets, it does sound very good. It has a lovely dry sound with just the right amount of mid-fi crunch for my tastes. The envelopes, while primitive, add just enough variety to the sound to make it interesting and alive. The looping on short samples make it easy to get into weird granular territory. And the tuning can dip nice and low into that subterranean crunch zone.

The analog EQ is a bit vulgar and phases wildly, but more often than not, it does just enough to bring it into the zone. And those phasing effects can actually be nice.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yeah, it definitely does sound good. I recorded myself doing granular stuff with it and used those sounds in this track. That cable fixes the MIDI channel problem, but the other thing is that loading sounds onto it isn't he easiest thing ever. Kind of a drag doing all of that, actually.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, while the sample's MIDI implementation earned all the derision it gets, it does sound very good. It has a lovely dry sound with just the right amount of mid-fi crunch for my tastes. The envelopes, while primitive, add just enough variety to the sound to make it interesting and alive. The looping on short samples make it easy to get into weird granular territory. And the tuning can dip nice and low into that subterranean crunch zone.

The analog EQ is a bit vulgar and phases wildly, but more often than not, it does just enough to bring it into the zone. And those phasing effects can actually be nice.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yeah, it definitely does sound good. I recorded myself doing granular stuff with it and used those sounds in this track. That cable fixes the MIDI channel problem, but the other thing is that loading sounds onto it isn't he easiest thing ever. Kind of a drag doing all of that, actually.

Cool track - nice sequencing!

I agree which is why I don't think of it as a sampler but as a customizable ROMpler.

Yeah the volca sample is essentially a drum machine. The sample upload part feels its more there to make it into your own custom drum machine than it is a sampling unit, given how long and difficult it is. I think I kept about 4/5ths of the stock sounds on there and got rid of the vocal and non-percussive parts and put my own in there. Literally have only done two uploads in my life.

Archived