IGNORED

ae_store eastre egg

triachus

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After listening to old 08 live stuff and then listening to live 16 and 18, i feel like they are so far beyond 08 that they’re comfortable releasing the blueprint. It’s a bold statement, for sure. Also makes me think old soundboards will never be released. They’re just too far beyond it...

Completely agreed nenlow66. Keep pushing on RS, too much yet to discover, dump the inactive remnants on the WATMM subforum archivists, leave it up to fan research, reconstruction, remix, etc.

the videos kind of look like an image being fed through something to create audio, with each line of the image being streched in the video 

nice, called it

edit - also, very neat concept

444 vids

"here's your fucking Amber 2"

5 p. back flol

They sound like this

ZZZSSSSSSHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRR

yeah 13 hrs... I hope these aren't a means to an end in and of itself per se ipso facto

hmmm, slit screen images like the incunabula cover (and 2001) and the total number of videos being 444...

I also thought of the 444/Incunabula connection. Old choons maybe? IBC radio shit?

hmmm, slit screen images like the incunabula cover (and 2001) and the total number of videos being 444...

I also thought of the 444/Incunabula connection. Old choons maybe? IBC radio shit?

Doubt it, sounds more recent to me, could imagine this stuff making cameos in all end for instance. 2010s.

i'm fairly sure the audio is a chromatic representation of the visuals as they're generated rather than something seperate. hence the kind of "organ" cluster chord

Yes, I'd be shocked if it was something separate, although the visual representation to me feels more like a typical spectroscopic emission spectrum, ala EM frequencies and the like. Given some of their more subby music over the years, I'd be surprised if they hadn't played around with this sort of thing before. Can understand the creative argument of feeding visuals in this way though.

Either way, it sounds a little like the nasty church organ of recent live infamy, so it has arguably been put to musical use. It sounds ae-ish, and historically I'd listen to Radio Broadcast Recording type stuff anyway.

I'm also starting to think that the correlation between the video and sounds may be dependent on color value and x coordinate, maybe they feed into different patches depending on the value what we're hearing is it changing as it scrolls through the 'window' 

i was starting to wonder that while listneing/watching... it almost seems that way

those g2 patches are pretty awesome. theres a lot of cool ideas using simple modules in interesting ways. In one drum patch they're using an inverter fed back on itself as a source thats driving a random click generator at audio rate to generate noise, which is then bandpass filtered/chorus'd etc. another one seems to be using a flipflop module to break up rhythms. definitely some fm-noise tricks in there too. pretty rad!

Full stop (egg) and all end suggest very similar meanings. I wonder if one of these 444 was ultimately slowed/tweaked into all end, and our job is to find which one? :ohmy: Or several were overlaid together? These almost function as research notes.

Would be funny if they ended a radio show with something epic formed from radio. I haven't listened to all end much recently, so could be completely wrong in this.

#119-120  :music:

#119 - #142

good to know  :biggrin: I haven't ventured beyond #121 as of yet

I'm also starting to think that the correlation between the video and sounds may be dependent on color value and x coordinate, maybe they feed into different patches depending on the value what we're hearing is it changing as it scrolls through the 'window'

i was starting to wonder that while listneing/watching... it almost seems that way

The fiery red-orange-yellow bits are the best. :dadjoke:

"Keep clear of yellow lines", UK road markings?

I thought it was one of those 'keep clear access required at all times' signs but you're right. The 'yellow' is upside down.

This is def a scrambled photo/photos.

Archived