ae_store eastre egg

triachus

The visuals look like they're a 1-pixel high snippit of an image, like a "window" of a larger image that is scrolling down over the course of the videos. Looks like some of them could contain text?

If I had the patience I'd make a Processing script to "decode" them..

modey u genius.

ryYc9cs6X.jpeg

gotta go sleep, but you're on to something.

fuk processing tho.

ffmpeg & imagemagick:

you have to create the 'frames' and 'cropped' folders for this to work, u get the idea:

ffmpeg -i 1-w5zfEHRydVQ.mp4 frames/c01_%04d.jpeg
cd frames
mogrify -crop 640x1+0+240 -path ./cropped *.jpeg
cd cropped
convert *.jpeg -append out.jpeg

I made a lil script that takes the middle row of pixels for each frame and composes an image similar to this one, batch processing all the vids later today

I made a lil script that takes the middle row of pixels for each frame and composes an image similar to this one, batch processing all the vids later today

Nice one - Had been collecting all the bits and pieces of batch scripts today to try and cobble together the same thing when I got home from work but if someone is already ahead of me ... cracking stuff, looking forward to seeing the result !

Some of these aren't using images as the source, but video.  You can see in this image (one of span's images) how the head moves around but the background doesnt:

unknown.png

Chat said it was from Money Masters, maybe they used it elsewhere too

Edited by andrd

Nice one - Had been collecting all the bits and pieces of batch scripts today to try and cobble together the same thing when I got home from work but if someone is already ahead of me ... cracking stuff, looking forward to seeing the result !

I'm trying to make it multithreaded so at least i learn something out of all this, so you might as well go ahead, might finish before I do

not that it's too important, but I'm getting higher res pics by using manmower's videos... who's in charge of that site?

Some of these aren't using images as the source, but video. You can see in this image (one of span's images) how the head moves around but the background doesnt:

unknown.png

Chat said it was from Money Masters, maybe they used it elsewhere too

Ah yeah good call. Could explain why the image I reverse engineered looks wobbly.

Damnit, you guys are way too fast .... I finally got my batch file working and was processing away and BAM they're already being dissected! Well at least I've learn some batch file shenanigans in the process

This ended up being my very messy and overly verbose code that spits files out about 2 a minute:

mkdir cropped
mkdir done
mkdir frames

set count=444	
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

for /L %%i in (1, 1, %count%) do (
     set "formattedValue=000000%%i"
     set j=!formattedValue:~-3!
ffmpeg -i "!j!.mp4" frames/c01_%%04d.jpg
cd frames
mogrify -crop 960x1+0+360 -path c:\temp\AeVideo\cropped\ *.jpg
cd c:\temp\AeVideo\cropped\
convert *.jpg -append out.jpg
copy out.jpg c:\temp\AeVideo\done\
cd c:\temp\AeVideo\done\
ren out.jpg "!j!".jpg

cd c:\temp\AeVideo\frames\
del *.jpg
cd c:\temp\AeVideo\cropped\
del *.jpg
cd c:\temp\AeVideo\
)

they played Granada Studios last year.. 

These youtubes   this type of stuff used to be standard up our end at this time of year... bag load of dried mushies, shit weather and dossing about wit telly on... fairly soon the visuals would shimmer the same. . whatever tunes you had on sounded fairly similar..... nice nostalgia.