IGNORED

ae_store eastre egg

triachus

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to think I was smart enough to be an Autechre fan but I'm not so sure anymore. I feel like my grannie--any music I showed her, which would have been things like Milli Vanilli, Snap!, Eric B. & Rakim, she'd say "that's pretty!" with an identical smile each time. I feel just like grannie watching everyone write code and trainspot all this imagery. "It's real pretty fellas!"

Dying!! ???

I used to think I was smart enough to be an Autechre fan but I'm not so sure anymore. I feel like my grannie--any music I showed her, which would have been things like Milli Vanilli, Snap!, Eric B. & Rakim, she'd say "that's pretty!" with an identical smile each time. I feel just like grannie watching everyone write code and trainspot all this imagery. "It's real pretty fellas!"

flol! yea. I have no idea what is going on

though I will say, I feel like this is an engineered dead end/red herring/labyrinth 

I think the key to this is the number of vids, 444

It's also worth pasting in here the way they composed their composition to be beamed into space in the METI project:

"The file we have sent is the first 449 prime numbers, converted into Hz (with phase shifting to avoid beeps in the signal). Each frequency band goes with 1/449 of a second of delay, creating a cycle. The fades in and out last exactly one second, and a new band is activated every 1/449 of a second. It is a little complicated, but we trust that with the information at the beginning of the message they can decipher it, or at least understand that all part of a decimal base and understand the concept of prime number. "

though I will say, I feel like this is an engineered dead end/red herring/labyrinth 

I think the key to this is the number of vids, 444

I checked the upload date pause and it's between 198 (january) and 199 (july, youtube still shows no views for this one), so 444 could be a simple joke with a reference to 444 off Incunabula.

Or perhaps 444 title meant something specific at that time and it's actual for this selection since we have 1984 VHS vids in it

i love how these videos are produced with a modern digital technique, yet still retain the texture of the old school vhs source material. that charateristic video 'smear' and blur of worn vhs tapes still shows thru in the processed videos. looks new & retro at the same time.

Archived