Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By J3FF3R00
      Yesterday, I was entertaining myself, while in quarantine, by re-creating the plot of my favorite film using ONLY emojis.
      Today, I thought "Wouldn't it be fun if we did a guessing game, similar to the "guess the movie still" thread.
      I went deep trying to go into as much detail as possible with mine, to kick things off. 
      If you can, try to challenge yourself to do the same. Also, I'm using Size 36 font with the emojis so it's easier to read. 
      Game on!!!

????????‍??????????????????????‍♀️?‍♂️??⛓?? ????????????????????????❌⭕️??????‍??‍♂️✈️????????????‍♀️????
    • By user
      Finished soldering my 4th eurorack module today, the turing machine by music thing. Even though I didn't add any extra flux while soldering I noticed the boards were quite sticky and had some specks of solder on them so decided to try to clean them a bit with cotton swabs and 96% alcohol. While doing this a whole bunch of the joints developed a white crust that doesn't look good at all. I googled a bit but got overwhelmed trying to figure out what it could be so I turn to the watmm hive-mind for help. Here's a pic: (feel free to ridicule my crummy soldering skills)

This is after going over the whole board, as you can see not all the joints are as badly affected... I used 60/40 leaded soldering tin with a flux core. There's still a lot of flux but I stopped what I was doing when I noticed the white oxidation or whatever it is.   
      Anyone have any idea what I should do? I've some distilled water as well but don't wanna try anything else before getting some advice from someone who isn't as ignorant as myself. 

• By Joyrex
      Ran across this today and it is just too cool (I think) not to share: