IGNORED

XHK - XH HX

auxien

I'm uploading to Mega now... redownloaded this morning because youtube-dl didn't automatically fetch the highest resolution. What I have now is f22, 960x720.

The best audio-only stream I could get is f140, which seems to be ~128 kbps AAC LC, those are up already: https://mega.nz/#F!tEIW2AbZ!Q1NF5b-h8PvaehDjv09hTQ

Appreciate your efforts! This is a monster haul of sounds.

Presumably all autechre produced under the name XHK?

With Donervan's geolocation skills we can track down where it is and find the stash of DVDrs full of pre-incunabula tracks :^)

I gave y'all a certain location a while back... something is waiting there, mebee...

⁽ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡ ˡᵉᵉ ᶜᵉᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ⁾

I'm uploading to Mega now... redownloaded this morning because youtube-dl didn't automatically fetch the highest resolution. What I have now is f22, 960x720.

The best audio-only stream I could get is f140, which seems to be ~128 kbps AAC LC, those are up already: https://mega.nz/#F!tEIW2AbZ!Q1NF5b-h8PvaehDjv09hTQ

Appreciate your efforts! This is a monster haul of sounds.

Presumably all autechre produced under the name XHK?

Probably just a dummy name so people searching Autechre on YT wouldn't accidentally pull up that playlist? (not sure if a private or unlisted playlist, whatever this is, can be pulled from searching anyway?) 

Or maybe they're viewing it as a separate project since it seems to be a video/audio connection, which isn't something 'Autechre' have spent much time with of course. 

Or it's a collab as others have pointed out?

I honestly think it was just some image to sound stuff they were fucking around with in max that they'd uploaded to youtube via a script as an experiment, and then given the popularity of the sysex uploads, they decided "ah yeah fans will love anything" and chucked the link up..

Here's a Mega folder, one subfolder has all the videos in 960x720 (with sound) and the other the audio-only streams.

Everything on there is the best I could get with some poking around using youtube-dl. Knowing how YouTube continually obfuscate their stuff maybe there's a way to do better but I couldn't find it.

https://mega.nz/#F!1JYEyQLT!PSPe92voM--t0UqihYxWUw

btw 99% certain the eastre egg link for these wasnt there in january, i remember digging around the store when nts came out just to see what stuff was on there and i, plus many others, would have noticed it then. this is definitely a recent egg

btw 99% certain the eastre egg link for these wasnt there in january, i remember digging around the store when nts came out just to see what stuff was on there and i, plus many others, would have noticed it then. this is definitely a recent egg

i was wondering if that was the case, this feels like such a weird stunt.. like what could this possibly be for? more livesets? directions to the next red moon party?

a live sex show?

Doesn't feel much like a stunt to me, just them experimenting. That's what they do best.

(was really hoping someone would shop some of the XH HX visuals into a gif over the chameleon laying an egg with sam or bob's face on it too)

Edited by auxien

in this article there are the original images (reconstructed starting from the film's frames) that Douglas Trumbul manipulated with the Slit Scan for the star gate sequence on 2001 aso.

If I understood correctly, the idea would be to use a similar method to get to the original images of the 444 videos. It would be a complex and tiring job, but it could really lead to some results. I find perfectly natural that Robsunz has fun with similar puzzles and pitfalls: who of us would not do it, in the same privileged position?

it's true, it was more of a trick to bring the video theory to be decodified on this thread, perhaps by getting a more detailed explanation, since my brain, slow and indolent, as it refers to a technical action, without a pedantic explanation, go in kernel panic ...

so these look like scans of a vid - like when you scan a paper but move it around so it's all wrong, or when someone moves while you're taking one of those moving panoramic shots on your phone... so there's no way to recover the actual video from these, I think. People are already recognizing some symbols on the pics, but that's about it.

And what about the audio? There could be something to it

my general interpretation is that something like the color value of each pixel combined with its position on the slitscan is feeding data to different nodes of an organ patch, eg. you hear a certain 'state' during a single yellow line, and when it abruptly switches to a bunch of white lines you hear the patch output change.

you are wasted on this site, you should work on the case of Ustica, JFK, or explain to me how the pyramids were built. Scotland North East was a trauma: with google I can't find that photo even now that it has been decrypted.

...Or i missed some passages, or reality is my invention, and when my solipsism exaggerates, I invent spiers of improbability like this, that I then use as evidence to diagnose my solipsism itself.

Edited by AE35unit

you are wasted on this site, you should work on the case of Ustica, JFK, or explain to me how the pyramids were built. Scotland North East was a trauma: with google I can't find that photo even now that it has been decrypted.

...Or i missed some passages, or reality is my invention, and when my solipsism exaggerates, I invent spiers of improbability like this, that I then use as evidence to diagnose my solipsism itself.

so, this post was writed for the other tread... anyway...