IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

Just had my first play through, wow oh wow. So amazing to hear this in crystal clear quality. Makes you wonder what we’re missing on other boots. Amazing work by everyone involved

• Like 2

Here's a 24bit wav render with no master bus effects i.e., no limiter, compressor etc. I does have however all the level tweaks and effects in all the stems.

https://we.tl/t-ftWAX27t4K

Donations - I tried linking to the same charity that Sean Booth had mentioned during his March 2020 webcasts on mixlr. That link seems to have expired now, but it was for this organisation: https://www.crisis.org.uk/

Lovely people, all your thank yous and comments are massively appreciated. Any suggestions about this unofficial mix, PM me, I'll make a list and share with digit.

Will give this a break due to uni work, but looking to return to it in the near future, most likely mix it at a friend's studio; a couple more replications would be fun as well.

As always, respect to RB and SB for the incredible music throughout the years

• Like 9
  • Thanks 10

yeah, there're a couple more bootlegs lying around, so we'd go through the same process. I reckon it'd take a bit less time to complete

Edited by IOS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

WTF !! I didn't dare ask, it seemed to me that two years of work was more than it was humanly possible to hope for. Thanks to this point it is an understatement.

The file without mastering is another great gift, some details are more evident (aka Rob is lush as Claudia Cadinale  in her twenties), although of course the sound is less intense.

My hearing system is experiencing the year of prosperity and abundance.

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 4

Thank you so much for doing this and seeing it through! I can't imagine how much time and work went into it. This is going into the history books for sure!

I do hope you can still listen to it and enjoy it, without thinking about all the work that went into it.

JR, knight these men!!!

• Like 3

yeah thank you very much guys.  ace !!!

highly appreciated.:music:

17 hours ago, IOS said:

yeah, there're a couple more bootlegs lying around, so we'd go through the same process. I reckon it'd take a bit less time to complete

you're not tempted to do your own version rather than another replica ?

If i had the whole gear myself i would have fun using their sysex but builiding a new liveset of my own with it.  (new tunes)

(....but, I would have to learn the elektrons at first  )

• Like 2

3 hours ago, neurone said:

yeah thank you very much guys.  ace !!!

highly appreciated.:music:

you're not tempted to do your own version rather than another replica ?

If i had the whole gear myself i would have fun using their sysex but builiding a new liveset of my own with it.  (new tunes)

(....but, I would have to learn the elektrons at first  )

Very tempted yeah. I prioritised the replica because it is what we've all been looking forward to first and foremost ?

I keep thinking how awesome it'd be to set up a very broad collaboration, like 10 people working on a short Nord segment each, another 10 on MD patterns etc. We'd end up with several variations, and then we could somehow automate rendering all the possible permutations ha

• Like 3

love your shots, @jules

and yeah the replication is great. that it's a replication kind of adds to it. like autechre from an alternate universe. not that i can tell s&bob soundboard would be any different

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, jules said:

Can. Not. Stop. Listening. To. This.

What a perfect hour of music. Here is a recent star photo while jamming this outside one night - thought it fit really well...

502711715_MokrisStarStackL_1.jpg

that looks amazing!

just recently i randomly snapped a pic of a standard black vinyl record with the flash on and it did an interesting effect. looks kinda similar lol

IMG_1179_c.thumb.jpg.24e14ac52e1bcbe9e23853bfdccedbba.jpg

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, jules said:

Can. Not. Stop. Listening. To. This.

What a perfect hour of music. Here is a recent star photo while jamming this outside one night - thought it fit really well...

502711715_MokrisStarStackL_1.jpg

oh yeah, perfect fit - I'm thinking especially the 15:00 mark when the superlush Nord enters

Amazing photo dude

9 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

i've never got into his other works much but this record is essential

absolutely. Trance Archeology is another really good one. Def different, but worth checking out.

3 minutes ago, IOS said:

oh yeah, perfect fit - I'm thinking especially the 15:00 mark when the superlush Nord enters

Amazing photo dude

Thanks! Yea that's a good one. The one that specifically resonated was that super slick groove at 50:32.

• Like 2