IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

took a crack at potential art for this when it is done but I do think we need to add credits on here for IOS and digit - recreation, mastering, etc. If you guys dig it, we can add whatever text is appropriate.

ae040408-01.thumb.png.12217848f8b38e59dc3588f136ba82b0.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

i like it!!! and yes adding more text referencing ios and digit would be great. it would also match the original album artwork since it's full of text related to production/mastering/design etc

personally i like the [Replicated by ios] tag in his files, something along those lines - and extending to digit - would be cool with those text spaces

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, amad said:

i like it!!! and yes adding more text referencing ios and digit would be great. it would also match the original album artwork since it's full of text related to production/mastering/design etc

personally i like the [Replicated by ios] tag in his files, something along those lines - and extending to digit - would be cool with those text spaces

yea, absolutely. Maybe digit and IOS can weigh in when they want. Of course, that is, if everyone likes it. I have the fonts and everything all set up so it is very easy to adjust to whatever the consensus is.

Just now, jules said:

I have the fonts and everything all set up

ye props for getting it right (akzidenz grotesk bold condensed italic iirc). quari artwork = best artwork.

oooh, this gonna be all kinds of awesome! ❤️

• Like 2

I think the more words we get in, the better. Digit and ios can post whatever they want to have in there. But here is a little more updated...

478398519_aequari-01.thumb.png.b63af7cb8b849760044c624d3575cef9.png

edit: brilliant suggestion from Zantman

Edited by jules
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Farnsworth 1

Have I mentioned I was there? I was there. Great memories.

I promise I wasn't the "this doesn't sound like Autechre" guy though

Thanks for all the hard work dudes

• Like 6

how we've been working on this is IOS does the mix and then sends it to me and i give him detailed feedback on it. IOS is currently working on the latest revision of the mix, but he also has a lot of school obligations right now so the process got slowed down a little bit. it is pretty close to being done, however. the most recent mix was sounding really good!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Burger 1

On 11/10/2020 at 9:12 AM, jules said:

I think the more words we get in, the better. Digit and ios can post whatever they want to have in there. But here is a little more updated...

478398519_aequari-01.thumb.png.b63af7cb8b849760044c624d3575cef9.png

this looks cool. i would remove the 'ae production booth/brown' part, tho. it is clear this is a replications of ae's work based on the title, but they themselves didn't actually work on this reproduction (other than supplying the patches of course) as it's a fan effort. i'm not sure if that credit would cause some legal issues with them or warp when we release this. :rtfm:  maybe 'replicated by ios / digit from patches supplied by autechre' or something like that.

there definitely should be a shoutout to watmm on there somewhere also. i'm not sure how to word it. just to be clear that ios & i are members of watmm & that this whole thing was organized here on the forum.

might be funny to put pictures of our avatars somewhere really small in the corner of each of the squares. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 1:57 PM, eczem said:

Have I mentioned I was there? I was there. Great memories.

I promise I wasn't the "this doesn't sound like Autechre" guy though

Thanks for all the hard work dudes

i'm jealous. you saw (well, heard actually) one hell of a concert. that show is legendary.

2 hours ago, digit said:

'replicated by ios / digit from patches supplied by autechre' or something like that.

might be funny to put pictures of our avatars somewhere really small in the corner of each of the squares. ?

maybe two sections: 1) replicated by ios / digit   (without the '&')  and 2) patches supplied by autechre (or booth / brown or ae)

also the avatars could be placed INSIDE the squares (digit obviously inside the black one since it matches exactly his avatar). it would be a bold move and might get ugly, but i think it's worth a try to see how it looks at least

13 hours ago, digit said:

this looks cool. i would remove the 'ae production booth/brown' part, tho. it is clear this is a replications of ae's work based on the title, but they themselves didn't actually work on this reproduction (other than supplying the patches of course) as it's a fan effort. i'm not sure if that credit would cause some legal issues with them or warp when we release this. :rtfm:  maybe 'replicated by ios / digit from patches supplied by autechre' or something like that.

there definitely should be a shoutout to watmm on there somewhere also. i'm not sure how to word it. just to be clear that ios & i are members of watmm & that this whole thing was organized here on the forum.

Digitally Reclaimed

• Like 2

Considering that the work of digit and ios was done on material directly granted by autechre, I believe that the graphics should be as sober as possible, even if the temptation to play with facts inherent in watmm is high. However, it could be right that Ios and Digit appear with their real names: this is something that will have a significant following around the world, and will remain over time as an appendix to the Ae discography, not just as a bootleg: isn't it limiting that their work remain linked to the self-referentiality of the forum?

• Like 3