Dale

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Any news on how the final version of this is coming along?

still working on it. would have gotten more done today but instead spent 4 HOURS STRAIGHT trying to track down a midi bug in Reaper that was scrambling the g2's patch cc values every time i stopped / started the transport. literally went thru every single preference & option in the app trying to fix the problem. in the end i wasn't able to fix it & still have no idea what is causing the problem but was able to come up with a temporary workaround.

i feel sorry for people who have to work with midi in Reaper. what a mess https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=181729

1 hour ago, digit said:

still working on it. would have gotten more done today but instead spent 4 HOURS STRAIGHT trying to track down a midi bug in Reaper that was scrambling the g2's patch cc values every time i stopped / started the transport. literally went thru every single preference & option in the app trying to fix the problem. in the end i wasn't able to fix it & still have no idea what is causing the problem but was able to come up with a temporary workaround. 

i feel sorry for people who have to work with midi in Reaper. what a mess https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=181729

i am ten years deep into Reaper MIDI (and I wrote some of the JS fx on there) - PM me, maybe I can help. (or email dan @ remaincalm.org )

you want to add a MIDI/midi_logger plugin the very end of the track that's sending to your G2, hit start/stop from an empty MIDI section, and report what shows up.
i can also suggest a good set of vanilla MIDI device options in case some of them are in a weird state now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dub3000 said:

i am ten years deep into Reaper MIDI (and I wrote some of the JS fx on there) - PM me, maybe I can help. (or email dan @ remaincalm.org )

you want to add a MIDI/midi_logger plugin the very end of the track that's sending to your G2, hit start/stop from an empty MIDI section, and report what shows up.
i can also suggest a good set of vanilla MIDI device options in case some of them are in a weird state now.

thanks for the offer! pm sent.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 11:35 AM, digit said:

On 7/8/2019 at 1:18 PM, dub3000 said:

almost unable to find the start button to turn on the computer, all I can do is thank, once again, all of you who are investing energy in something that I await with that enchanted exaltation that I thought I had lost along with innocence, at the time in which, waiting for Christmas, I did not yet know that Santa Claus does not exist and that all of us, one day, will have to die.

:cisfor:

• Haha 1

You have a way with words. 😄

• Thanks 1

excuse my ïgnôràncé but, in the process of merging all the machines together, does the nord stuff include midi notes/sequences besides the patches themselves, or does it have to be done by hand & ear(!)??

The Nord "stuff" consists of:

• sound patches (uploadable to Nord); these patches may include sequences of midi notes internally
  • midi sequences, which are stored in the MPC1K
  • manual tweaking

Just sending those sequences (from MPC1K >> Nord) would probably be insufficient because Ae tweak things live.

Digit has been working on reconstructing that "stuff" above, especially the "manual tweaking" part.

In the process of merging all the machines, we're working on the same Reaper project so everything is locked time-wise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 7/18/2019 at 11:25 PM, IOS said:

The Nord "stuff" consists of:

• sound patches (uploadable to Nord); these patches may include sequences of midi notes internally
  • midi sequences, which are stored in the MPC1K
  • manual tweaking

Just sending those sequences (from MPC1K >> Nord) would probably be insufficient because Ae tweak things live.

Digit has been working on reconstructing that "stuff" above, especially the "manual tweaking" part.

In the process of merging all the machines, we're working on the same Reaper project so everything is locked time-wise.

thank you.

at first i thought no midi sequences were present, just the patches and related arpeggios, etc.

what you and Digit are doing is truly amazing. a lot of work involved(!). hope you guys are having a great time (i guess you are).

[by "stuff" i mean no disrespect btw; just trying to sound cool because i'm not :^)]

• Like 1

No disrespect perceived whatsoever man🙂I placed the word in quotation marks to make it more specific.

I forgot to mention that indeed, as you say, we're recreating this by ear, by listening to the original and entering the various parameters into Reaper. This includes drawing the tempo increase; figuring out the pattern changes for MD, MM and MPC (and entering them into Reaper as MIDI Program Change events); imported to Reaper the MPC MIDI sequences (meant for the Nord); now digit draws the Nord live tweaks into Reaper.

I'm really typing this so that we all think, if recreating it sounds like a lot of work, imagine how much work B&B put into composing it!!

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

4 hours ago, IOS said:

No disrespect perceived whatsoever man🙂I placed the word in quotation marks to make it more specific.

I forgot to mention that indeed, as you say, we're recreating this by ear, by listening to the original and entering the various parameters into Reaper. This includes drawing the tempo increase; figuring out the pattern changes for MD, MM and MPC (and entering them into Reaper as MIDI Program Change events); imported to Reaper the MPC MIDI sequences (meant for the Nord); now digit draws the Nord live tweaks into Reaper.

I'm really typing this so that we all think, if recreating it sounds like a lot of work, imagine how much work B&B put into composing it!!

absolutely!! putting together the puzzle piece by piece while listening to the live recording. brutal.

in the spectacular IO live show version, besides the MM&MD things, there are some syncopated kicks, stretched snares, and some more weird shit also, and makes me wonder how the f*ck that's going to come up in the Digit&IOS rendition.
take all the time you need m8s and have fun

about The Bros composing this... makes me love them even more :wub:

22 hours ago, qnio said:

about The Bros composing this... makes me love them even more :wub:

AE Live '08 (Demo)