IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

On 9/2/2019 at 9:50 AM, very honest said:

@digit are you still stuck on that midi bug?

no. @dub3000 wrote me a custom javascript plug-in for Reaper that solved the issue. that bug was a showstopper for sure, so much thanks to dub!

here is what remains to be done:

IMG-2867.jpg

IMG-2868.jpg

re: the color references, the nord parts are in numerous midi sections across 20 or so tracks in the reaper project. i color coded them so i could tell what was controlling what at any given time.

yellow = nord slot a  /  orange = nord slot b  /  red = nord slot c  /  purple = nord slot d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 8/29/2019 at 10:07 PM, Hk47 said:

Crap, I'm sorry, I've only got the one with everything that's been shared so far combined.... not the individual tracks before they were merged.... 

But.... 

=/

Here is it...

https://mega.nz/#!oBkGWAYY!PBuI0uBMK0pvWIRi-wnggL0tQCitTL51h259mCy2KsU

Again, sorry about that. 

ejjj 20 mins in and I love it! thanks

• 2 months later...

I think it's awesome, and a testament to how fucking amazing AE's music is.... we have here, multiple people working on recreating a partially improvised set from the duo and it's taking them MANY months to try and capture the same output.

not only is it incredibly respectable that these guys all decided to try and take this challenge on, but also, if they manage to complete it--- we'll have in our hands (/ears) something that will be as close as we will get to a piece of magnificent art that we've all been craving for over a decade.

By all means:;: take all the time you need to get it right. And if you don't manage to do it, none of us have lost anything and you'll most likely end up with a bunch of knowledge about music production that you didn't have a year ago.

=D

again, thank you to all involved parties, as well as AE for sharing these files in the first place. 

so freak'n cool.

• Like 5

I'm definitely keen, just mad busy with a few things. I haven't forgotten what I mentioned a few pages earlier about investing in a Nord G2, and also working on more replicas from different bootlegs.

@danshoebridge go for it ? Any way I can help, PM me

Edited by IOS

Sorry probably wasn't too clear there - I've got a nord lead A1 but even if I had a G2 I suspect recreating live autechre stuff would be way above my skill level.

Had been holding out for the 'full' version, but if the G2 side of this isn't coming I'll just get listening to your elektron version. The 2008 live sets are absolute bangers.

sorry for the delay everyone. i'm def still working on the g2 part of the reconstruction. of course i left all of the most difficult parts for the end, and after a while i was just getting really burnt out & dreading every time i had to work on it, so i had to take a break for a bit. i recently acquired an analog 4 & that sidetracked me a bit as well, as that is such a fun synth to explore as opposed to all the tedious editing involved in the g2 reconstruction.

...but not finishing this is just not an option, not with all of the work i have already put into it so far. i'm going to try to have it done by new years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Burger 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any chance you could upload the live set as is digit even if the Nord stuff has not been completed? Really eager to hear how it is coming along with what you have done so far...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

well, one of the benefits of this covid shutdown is that i now have a lot more time to work on completing this reconstruction!

while i finish up my work on the main reconstruction, i'm going to start releasing some remixes/jams that i've done with the material while learning how all the patches work & the sequences are arranged. my personal rules for my remixes are: no editing of any patches, samples, or sequences. regarding the nord patches, i am only adjusting what has already been preassigned to be controlled by the bitstream controller in a live situation (so no low-level monkeying with the patches). tempo changes are fair game. i'm trying to explore variations while staying close to the original work that autechre created.

i've created a soundcloud for the remixes & i've uploaded my first track:

this is the mpc1000 & an absolutely bonkers nord patch. i was basically just trying to figure out how the patch worked & how all the controls interacted. i wasn't sure how to edit this down so i just left it as one long NTS-style jam.

also, this soundcloud isn't just for my work necessarily so if anyone else has created or wants to create any mixes of the ae live material, fee free to send them my way and i will upload it to the soundcloud.

Edited by digit
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 3/23/2020 at 7:57 AM, xox said:

Hey, digit! Stop foolin’around with the material! Do the work! Lol

ha! impossible to resist exploring. but each one of these jams represents a section of the reconstruction i've completed, so...

new jam uploaded!

https://soundcloud.com/user-479118506/g-steelnungmralt2

Edited by digit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1