IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

Wouldn’t it be sweet if the autechre men were like “wow!!! sucks there’s still no finished recreation” and just did it themselves lol fuck who am I kidding. It’s never coming is it. 

• Burger 1

Just to say, personally I'm short of £$€ and can't afford a NMG2 right now. When I get one, you lot will be the first to find out.

5 minutes ago, IOS said:

Just to say, personally I don't have a soul right now. When I get one, you lot will be the first to find out.

No soul no syth

17 minutes ago, dingformung said:

crowdfund one

I was hoping I wouldn't have to crowdfund one, but took a financial hit from covid. Now recovering.

If you got any tips re crowdfunding, pm me.

6 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Wish I could provide such. Just thought AE might have enough fans who want that set to actually pull that off. It's like 2k € right? So if you get 400 people to donate 5€ that'd be enough. But not clue how to do that, sorry

No clue no synth

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Wish I could provide such. Just thought AE might have enough fans who want that set to actually pull that off. It's like 2k € right? So if you get 400 people to donate 5€ that'd be enough. But not clue how to do that, sorry

No worries. Been checking out prices fairly regularly, NGM2 engines can be fairly cheap, the keyboard synth version is more pricey usually.

Ugh "sean's shop" https://reverb.com/item/35279291-nord-g2-modular-keyboard-with-original-rucksack-excellent

It will happen, I'm a man of my word.

13 minutes ago, xox said:

No clue no synth

Spoiler

all this negation, I'm gonna logically OR you with "oxo" to get "xxx" baby

Edited by IOS
Marked NSFW
  • Farnsworth 1

honest question here

why does anyone need the G2? isn't it all software anyway? i remember looking into the MicroModular and it's just the same engine as the G2, but with less polyphony/software overhead, right? otherwise both are exactly the same guts, yeah? and those guts are all accessible via the software alone i'd think? i'm guessing i'm mistaken somewhere in there if it hasn't happened yet

I'd say that having the G2 would produce the most faithful result, at the fastest way possible. You'd load the patches and start tweaking without having to worry about polyphony limitations etc.

Someone correct me here if I'm wrong: the software editor provides just an editor; the synthesis algorithms are available only in the hardware.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1201974-anyone-interested-nord-modular-g2-but-not-having-space.html

i think i'm mistaken that it's 'just software' but i must've got that stuck in my head as basically close to right because now that i re-found this GS thread i remember definitely reading a while back. seems there's a few options for G2-less G2-ing. seems to be re-creations/emulators? but maybe an option (non-ideal, obviously)

If digit is like 70% there with the Nord G2 work on the live set replication then wouldn’t it make sense to allow him to finish it off?

Does anyone know whether digit is still working on this? If he hasn’t had time to finish it off then perhaps he can share his progress with someone in this thread who has the equipment to finish it?

9 hours ago, Draft78 said:
22 hours ago, dingformung said:

crowdfund one

if someone finds the mental resources to open a crowdfunding, I'm in it

Me too. I would do it but on these platforms you have to authenticate with your ID and bank account and stuff, so IOS would have to do that himself. The best platform for that would probably be https://www.gofundme.com/ (also free for US citizens I think).

To get people to donate maybe some WATMMer with a music YouTube channel could upload the incomplete version without the Nord along with some text in the video explaining the project, how and where to donate etc. I think @xyrofen has that, if I remember correctly. Also here on WATMM a lot of people would probably donate some bucks if they get this live set in return. Don't know on what other platforms you can find a lot of people who like Autechre. If this thing costs 1400€ I think it's probably doable to get 280 people to donate 5€. Just brainstorming.

I really need new AE lol

Edited by dingformung
hope that doesn't piss digit off, as he apparently has already put lots of effort into it
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

Me too. I would do it but on these platforms you have to authenticate with your ID and bank account and stuff, so IOS would have to do that himself. The best platform for that would probably be https://www.gofundme.com/ (also free for US citizens I think).

To get people to donate maybe some WATMMer with a music YouTube channel could upload the incomplete version without the Nord along with some text in the video explaining the project, how and where to donate etc. I think @xyrofen has that, if I remember correctly. Also here on WATMM a lot of people would probably donate some bucks if they get this live set in return. Don't know on what other platforms you can find a lot of people who like Autechre. If this thing costs 1400€ I think it's probably doable to get 280 people to donate 5€. Just brainstorming.

I really need new AE lol

Reporting in to confirm that I do still use/have Youtube, even if I don't upload stuff actively anymore (I was afraid of losing my account like BATldsr and AugZF did).

Let me know what I can do to help, I'm easy to find on here.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dale said:

If digit is like 70% there with the Nord G2 work on the live set replication then wouldn’t it make sense to allow him to finish it off?

Does anyone know whether digit is still working on this? If he hasn’t had time to finish it off then perhaps he can share his progress with someone in this thread who has the equipment to finish it?

The work Digit has done would remain very important, and I'm sure he would be relieved first: there is no doubt that the missing part is the most tiring: recreating an improvisation is probably more difficult than improvising: Rob himself would find something to curse, in recreating his own improvised movements. It is a job that would take away a considerable amount of time and energy, it is understandable that Digit has temporarily stopped: obviously if he confirms that he is working on the thing and that he likes to carry on this effort, I would find correct to let him continue, but in all frankness I imagine that IOS' collaboration can only please him first.

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 4