AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

took a crack at potential art for this when it is done but I do think we need to add credits on here for IOS and digit - recreation, mastering, etc. If you guys dig it, we can add whatever text is appropriate.

ae040408-01.thumb.png.12217848f8b38e59dc3588f136ba82b0.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

i like it!!! and yes adding more text referencing ios and digit would be great. it would also match the original album artwork since it's full of text related to production/mastering/design etc

personally i like the [Replicated by ios] tag in his files, something along those lines - and extending to digit - would be cool with those text spaces

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, amad said:

i like it!!! and yes adding more text referencing ios and digit would be great. it would also match the original album artwork since it's full of text related to production/mastering/design etc

personally i like the [Replicated by ios] tag in his files, something along those lines - and extending to digit - would be cool with those text spaces

yea, absolutely. Maybe digit and IOS can weigh in when they want. Of course, that is, if everyone likes it. I have the fonts and everything all set up so it is very easy to adjust to whatever the consensus is.

I think the more words we get in, the better. Digit and ios can post whatever they want to have in there. But here is a little more updated...

478398519_aequari-01.thumb.png.b63af7cb8b849760044c624d3575cef9.png

edit: brilliant suggestion from Zantman

Edited by jules
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Farnsworth 1

Have I mentioned I was there? I was there. Great memories.

I promise I wasn't the "this doesn't sound like Autechre" guy though

Thanks for all the hard work dudes

• Like 6

how we've been working on this is IOS does the mix and then sends it to me and i give him detailed feedback on it. IOS is currently working on the latest revision of the mix, but he also has a lot of school obligations right now so the process got slowed down a little bit. it is pretty close to being done, however. the most recent mix was sounding really good!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Burger 1

On 11/10/2020 at 9:12 AM, jules said:

I think the more words we get in, the better. Digit and ios can post whatever they want to have in there. But here is a little more updated...

478398519_aequari-01.thumb.png.b63af7cb8b849760044c624d3575cef9.png

this looks cool. i would remove the 'ae production booth/brown' part, tho. it is clear this is a replications of ae's work based on the title, but they themselves didn't actually work on this reproduction (other than supplying the patches of course) as it's a fan effort. i'm not sure if that credit would cause some legal issues with them or warp when we release this. :rtfm:  maybe 'replicated by ios / digit from patches supplied by autechre' or something like that.

there definitely should be a shoutout to watmm on there somewhere also. i'm not sure how to word it. just to be clear that ios & i are members of watmm & that this whole thing was organized here on the forum.

might be funny to put pictures of our avatars somewhere really small in the corner of each of the squares. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 1:57 PM, eczem said:

Have I mentioned I was there? I was there. Great memories.

I promise I wasn't the "this doesn't sound like Autechre" guy though

Thanks for all the hard work dudes

i'm jealous. you saw (well, heard actually) one hell of a concert. that show is legendary.

2 hours ago, digit said:

'replicated by ios / digit from patches supplied by autechre' or something like that.

might be funny to put pictures of our avatars somewhere really small in the corner of each of the squares. 😄

maybe two sections: 1) replicated by ios / digit   (without the '&')  and 2) patches supplied by autechre (or booth / brown or ae)

also the avatars could be placed INSIDE the squares (digit obviously inside the black one since it matches exactly his avatar). it would be a bold move and might get ugly, but i think it's worth a try to see how it looks at least

13 hours ago, digit said:

this looks cool. i would remove the 'ae production booth/brown' part, tho. it is clear this is a replications of ae's work based on the title, but they themselves didn't actually work on this reproduction (other than supplying the patches of course) as it's a fan effort. i'm not sure if that credit would cause some legal issues with them or warp when we release this. :rtfm:  maybe 'replicated by ios / digit from patches supplied by autechre' or something like that.

there definitely should be a shoutout to watmm on there somewhere also. i'm not sure how to word it. just to be clear that ios & i are members of watmm & that this whole thing was organized here on the forum.

Digitally Reclaimed

• Like 2