IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

Ah right.

If I have MD & MM, and live jam an 1-hour-long set, and record it to a DAW without keeping track of tempo/pattern changes then yes, someone wanting to add MPC & Nord would find it hard (not impossible but hard).

But the screenshot I've uploaded is from a Reaper project where I've taken care of the tempo and pattern changes. So once I upload the reaper project, different people can share it and record and their recordings will stay in sync.

Very nice man. Impressed with both the recording and the effort you put into the Reaper project. Reaper is my DAW of choice, i'll definitely check it out if you upload it. Won't be able to contribute much, maybe a bit on the virtual G2 side if we can extract all of the MPC sequences.

https://we.tl/t-9D1TG4943X

Replica submission of Ae's Echoplex gig.

MD & MM only, recorded in Reaper. No post-processing.

Only a few parameter tweaks done in real-time to match the original recording; otherwise, elektrons left unchanged.

Will upload reaper project soon.

Massive respect to SB & RB for making the sysex files available.

a job beyond sick!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :music:

Reaper project attached :)

If someone's got Reaper/MPC1K and would like to try out ReaNINJAM (Reaper's online jamming feature), let me know.

Would be grAEt to book a small venue and play it loud at some point.

Great, thanks! 

WOOOAAAHHHH!!!! It's perfect like this, alone! Quaristice's sound on the way... plus the lamentations of the deformed brother of rob (Sloth Brown) chained in the cellar

lmao

Very happy. Now I wish I (or someone I knew) had access to the rest of the gear. Clearly, I'm missing "Rob's part" as well.

For the tempo mapping, I've done it for various tracks so I reckon I got pretty good/quick at it - it took me around 3.5 hours, started as soon as I heard about the sysex dump.

The pattern changes took 10-14 hours on and off; lots of starting/stopping, muting/unmuting between the recording, MD and MM; placing markers on Reaper etc. Plus it's 127 patterns, most of them having very subtle changes, so really tricky and it's obviously not 100% precise but quite close.

really appreciate the amount of work you put into this, IOS!

i think Robs stuff will be difficult to replicate. a lot more jammy and freeform it seems like. you've got the mpc sequence/midi data, then the nords internal sequences & variations, and then all the controls on the bitstream which are meant to be tweaked realtime, along with the 2 qlink sliders on the mpc. :wacko:

It's fucking fantastic. Did not mean to come across as throwing shade for saying it'd be nice to have Rob's part also.

Would be nice if someone could master it for on-the-go listening though. When I went for a walk and a 2nd listen yesterday I found it wasn't quite as loud as I'd have liked it, even at max volume. Must be a headache getting those levels right though with them punchy bass drums