IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

It's very hard to make a 1D barcode do two different things in a discrete manner. By that I mean, I can't easily do two separate ones in the same line as most functional scanners would go "this is one line" when trying to read it.

Oh guys don't be too overly attached to this barcodes artworks whatever, the music outcome is what matters really and I truly believe this will be done perfectly.

However, don't lose any of the frequencies, this needs to be bassy you know...

if we decided to keep the barcode, it would be enough for it to lead to a single page, where everything else would be found. The hardest job would be to make the page itself: is it possible to build a space dedicated to something within watmm? ... in fact it would be interesting to open one even if the choice of the barcode decayed

Edited by Draft78

Guess you could be fancy pants and just turn something like forum.watmm.com into the ascii values ( 102 111 114 117 109 046 119 097 116 109 109 046 099 111 109 )

Pretty wide barcode mind !

image.gif

Or maybe like a bit.ly link to this topic ( bit.ly/3m2lwmK - 098 105 116 046 108 121 047 051 109 050 108 119 109 075 )

image.gif

(still crazy wide)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dale said:

How is the mastering coming along?

Can a small snippet of some of the sounds from the Nord be posted please whilst we wait?

Went to the uni studio this week for auditioning. digit and I both reckon it's sounding really good.

I took some short videos from that listening sesh at the studio, and yes I could upload them provided that digit and everyone is cool with that.

IMG_20201124_164953.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

On 11/27/2020 at 1:18 PM, Dale said:

Can a small snippet of some of the sounds from the Nord be posted please whilst we wait?

posting this because this gorgeous melody got buried in the live recording a little bit:

nord.mp3

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9
  • Burger 1

amazing!

chances are your reconstruction will sound better than the sounboard would have sounded, had it been recorded that night. I mean, the sounboard would have consisted of a mix conceived for an avenue system, then mastered, and the balance of the various channels would have been the result of improvisation. Here, on the contrary, we will have a well-finished and chiseled mix in months of work.

Digit Nord extract is an ear massage. It would be awesome, in the future, if you ever feel like it, to have a series of short excerpts, with elements hidden in the final mix, mixed as if they were short traks ...

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

Dear, Digit and IOS!

Dear, watmmers!

My ‘hurry up’ posts were meant to be nothing but funny (in a stupid kind of way) and I didn’t realized i might be intrusive all this time! Someone pointed to me today that i was so i just want to apologize to Digit and IOS and the rest of you!

So... I apologize! :beer:

Edited by xox
  • Haha 2

i'm hype af. isn't the '08 tour basically fabled around here? what's the deal with that tour? sean and rob decided to do some of their best work live and not record it, or something? like it was a totally new composition? am i making that up?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, very honest said:

i'm hype af. isn't the '08 tour basically fabled around here? what's the deal with that tour? sean and rob decided to do some of their best work live and not record it, or something? like it was a totally new composition? am i making that up?

they recorded the entire tour, along with dozens of tracks they made in hotel rooms/soundchecks on that tour, and had it all saved to a USB drive that they sadly lost on a plane or a train (or an automobile)

Edited by auxien
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, xox said:

Dear, Delete and IOS!

Dear, watmmers!

My ‘hurry up’ posts were meant to be nothing but funny (in a stupid kind of way) and I didn’t realized i might be intrusive all this time! Someone pointed to me today that i was so i just want to apologize to Delet and IOS and the rest of you!

So... I apologize! :beer:

his name's not delete though

• Haha 1