IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

:confuzzled:  impossibru that nobody has the complete set of the machines!  :trashbear:  :catrage:

If only Richard Devine would stop showing off on Twitter his mass of cables next to a screen showing a 'complex' arrangement of metering tools then it'd be done and dusted by now

Here's a 75% replication of the Echoplex gig, with MD, MM and MPC1K.

https://we.tl/t-13AAxh7TDW

Using the previously rendered MD & MM audio takes.

The MPC1K part was reassembled track by track, section by section, using a mix of: accurate positioning based on the bootleg, following Ae's performance notes; and personal interpretation. Only a few regions were lowered in level, otherwise everything left as is level-wise.

Digit has been handed Reaper project files and will do Nord G2 magic :)

Edited by IOS

The MPC1K part was reassembled track by track, section by section, using a mix of: accurate positioning based on the bootleg, following Ae's performance notes; and personal interpretation. Only a few regions were lowered in level, otherwise everything left as is level-wise.

once again uh-mazing job! thanks!!

I don't write frequently on this post: not having the opportunity to contribute actively, I don't want to be pedantic and force work on others. It is however true that every day I hope to find a small evolution. The one of today today is another great gift. We should find a way to thank you, from the whole community, IOS.

So: Sean Solo is responsible for the rhythmic and melodic skeleton, Bobby Skywolker of immersive elements, which transform the live into an experiential fact.

There is still a riot of peristaltic movements (90101-5l-l) to insert at 35:30 and the big journey will be complete...

very nice

do u guys think u might manage to make a full replica at some point?

yeah, digit will add the nord.

I'd like to carry on working on a few aspects of this, like re-recording some MD/MM passages, maybe try and mix it a bit differently (like a mixing exercise).

Would be great if someone could master it a little.

very nice

do u guys think u might manage to make a full replica at some point?

yeah, digit will add the nord.

I'd like to carry on working on a few aspects of this, like re-recording some MD/MM passages, maybe try and mix it a bit differently (like a mixing exercise).

Would be great if someone could master it a little.

that's good to hear

I can definitely mess in wavelab and ozone with it but there are probably people more talented at mastering than me

I don't write frequently on this post: not having the opportunity to contribute actively, I don't want to be pedantic and force work on others. It is however true that every day I hope to find a small evolution. The one of today today is another great gift. We should find a way to thank you, from the whole community, IOS.

So: Sean Solo is responsible for the rhythmic and melodic skeleton, Bobby Skywolker of immersive elements, which transform the live into an experiential fact.

There is still a riot of peristaltic movements (90101-5l-l) to insert at 35:30 and the big journey will be complete...

Thanks dude. For the last four weeks I've been working with my favourite band's synth parameters/sounds, and got tons of thank yous from many watmmen - it can't get better than this.

It's a lot as you say role-wise, yes - the mpc contains many noise/textural samples, incredibly organised to rhythmic patterns that enhance/complete the MD rhythms. h spiral was talking about how it sounds like futuristic (turntable) scratching.

Holy shit dude this is reeeeeally coming together, still cannot believe I am hearing this with such clarity...

How can this be made new best answer? Is it down to the OP?