IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

On 5/24/2019 at 12:54 AM, amnesiake said:

how is the progress fren?

made some good progress this weekend. i will have my part done in 2 weeks. ? ? ⏰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

god speed. i always felt like, anyone getting impatient or wanting results sooner... there's nothing stopping people from buying the needed gear second hand and doing it themselves in their own time :emotawesomepm9: very appreciative of the work being done here :^) 

Edited by bitchroast

wooooooa now THATS good news

more hyped to that than plaid's polymer

btw plz post the Nord stem in separate... i would really like to know how that sounds like

Edited by amad

On 5/28/2019 at 8:27 AM, pyggetev said:

made some good progress this weekend. i will have my part done in 2 weeks. ? ? ⏰

Cool! Can't wait

Is it a lot of work to put your part and the existing part together or is it just layering the two? Have you guys thought about mastering?

On 6/9/2019 at 6:06 AM, darreichungsform said:

Cool! Can't wait

Is it a lot of work to put your part and the existing part together or is it just layering the two? Have you guys thought about mastering?

no - everything is locked together already timewise. i am working within the reaper project that IOS created that contains the MD/MM/MPC audio.

i've just been writing midi in reaper to control the G2. once that is complete then i will just hit record and it will record all the G2 audio in one pass.

i was trying to get that done this weekend but reaper was giving me a lot of problems. hopefully next week it will be done.

once my part is done then i will pass it back to IOS and everything will need compression and mastering. that will take some time to get done & get the relative levels right.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, digit said:

once my part is done then i will pass it back to IOS and everything will need compression and mastering. that will take some time to get done & get the relative levels right.

i would love to have the un-compressed version released alongside the compressed/recommended to listen to versions, just because i'm a nerd like that ?

i only have access to the machinedrum at home. playing with the autechre MD patches, the volumes on the kicks and bass levels definitely seemed "wrong" and out of control at first. maybe it's something that needs to be mixed down.. or maybe it's just meant to be incredibly loud and makes sense when being blasted REALLY LOUDLY on big venue level speakers. in which case, it'd be fun having access to those original out of control volume versions of this project. it would be my preference, any way. so having both released would be very appreciated !!!

21 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

i would love to have the un-compressed version released alongside the compressed/recommended to listen to versions, just because i'm a nerd like that ?

+1

^ Absolutely, will definitely re-upload over the next few days:

• separate audio files for each track; no post-processing
  • digit & ios reconstruction, raw (no compressor/limiter)
  • digit & ios reconstruction, with a not-so-gentle limiter

Over the summer, I'll work into more tweaked versions of the MD, MM & MPC1K tracks.

8 hours ago, bitchroast said:

i only have access to the machinedrum at home. playing with the autechre MD patches, the volumes on the kicks and bass levels definitely seemed "wrong" and out of control at first. maybe it's something that needs to be mixed down.. or maybe it's just meant to be incredibly loud and makes sense when being blasted REALLY LOUDLY on big venue level speakers. in which case, it'd be fun having access to those original out of control volume versions of this project. it would be my preference, any way. so having both released would be very appreciated !!!

Yep, spot on re kick volumes - SB mentions it himself here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, IOS said:

^ Absolutely, will definitely re-upload over the next few days:

• separate audio files for each track; no post-processing
  • digit & ios reconstruction, raw (no compressor/limiter)
  • digit & ios reconstruction, with a not-so-gentle limiter

Over the summer, I'll work into more tweaked versions of the MD, MM & MPC1K tracks.

Yep, spot on re kick volumes - SB mentions it himself here:

cheers x1000

Thank you guys, so much!

• 3 weeks later...

still working on it. would have gotten more done today but instead spent 4 HOURS STRAIGHT trying to track down a midi bug in Reaper that was scrambling the g2's patch cc values every time i stopped / started the transport. literally went thru every single preference & option in the app trying to fix the problem. in the end i wasn't able to fix it & still have no idea what is causing the problem but was able to come up with a temporary workaround.

i feel sorry for people who have to work with midi in Reaper. what a mess https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=181729

1 hour ago, digit said:

still working on it. would have gotten more done today but instead spent 4 HOURS STRAIGHT trying to track down a midi bug in Reaper that was scrambling the g2's patch cc values every time i stopped / started the transport. literally went thru every single preference & option in the app trying to fix the problem. in the end i wasn't able to fix it & still have no idea what is causing the problem but was able to come up with a temporary workaround. 

i feel sorry for people who have to work with midi in Reaper. what a mess https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=181729

i am ten years deep into Reaper MIDI (and I wrote some of the JS fx on there) - PM me, maybe I can help. (or email dan @ remaincalm.org )

you want to add a MIDI/midi_logger plugin the very end of the track that's sending to your G2, hit start/stop from an empty MIDI section, and report what shows up.
i can also suggest a good set of vanilla MIDI device options in case some of them are in a weird state now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dub3000 said:

i am ten years deep into Reaper MIDI (and I wrote some of the JS fx on there) - PM me, maybe I can help. (or email dan @ remaincalm.org )

you want to add a MIDI/midi_logger plugin the very end of the track that's sending to your G2, hit start/stop from an empty MIDI section, and report what shows up.
i can also suggest a good set of vanilla MIDI device options in case some of them are in a weird state now.

thanks for the offer! pm sent.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 11:35 AM, digit said:

On 7/8/2019 at 1:18 PM, dub3000 said:

almost unable to find the start button to turn on the computer, all I can do is thank, once again, all of you who are investing energy in something that I await with that enchanted exaltation that I thought I had lost along with innocence, at the time in which, waiting for Christmas, I did not yet know that Santa Claus does not exist and that all of us, one day, will have to die.

:cisfor:

• Haha 1