IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

Here's a 75% replication of the Echoplex gig, with MD, MM and MPC1K.

https://we.tl/t-13AAxh7TDW

Using the previously rendered MD & MM audio takes.

The MPC1K part was reassembled track by track, section by section, using a mix of: accurate positioning based on the bootleg, following Ae's performance notes; and personal interpretation. Only a few regions were lowered in level, otherwise everything left as is level-wise.

Digit has been handed Reaper project files and will do Nord G2 magic :)

Your efforts are deeply appreciated! I have now put your post at the top of the thread. Looking forward to listening to the complete set with the Nord G2 noodlings.

Here's a 75% replication of the Echoplex gig, with MD, MM and MPC1K.

https://we.tl/t-13AAxh7TDW

Using the previously rendered MD & MM audio takes.

The MPC1K part was reassembled track by track, section by section, using a mix of: accurate positioning based on the bootleg, following Ae's performance notes; and personal interpretation. Only a few regions were lowered in level, otherwise everything left as is level-wise.

Digit has been handed Reaper project files and will do Nord G2 magic :)

Fook me! amazing work, thank you so much:)

I listened to this the other night and yes it is pretty freaking great. Kind of insane tbh. Really cool to be able to listen to these skeltalized and in different layers. I normally don't try to do that sort of thing these days but it's really cool to be able to and honestly pretty enjoyable. Great work by IOS

Good thread. I have this too. While it's well-known that blasting loud music and going to Squarepusher's gigs may cause tinnitus, mine is caused by a condition called temporomandibular joint dysfunction. Was diagnosed just recently and read about it, it's a real fucker. So this little dude TMJ connects your jaw to the side of your head. It's so tiny it's ridiculous, go look it up online. And normally it enables you to talk, chew, yawn and other things you tend to take for granted. But once it's fucked, first it gets painful to yawn, then painful to chew, painful to swallow, then saying certain words or sounds gets painful. Then one day you bite at something and the pain gets so bad it's debilitating. So for instance I had to eat semi-liquid food with my head turned to the right, because that's the only position I could swallow food in without dying of pain. You can imagine how ridiculous and impairing that is.

But it's not all. One day you also start to realize that you've got ringing in your ears. Gets worse when you go to sleep because it's when everything around is silent and you can hear it. Drives you insane! And if all of that wasn't enough, get this: you also get "diminished auditory acuity". Let me tell you something about it. It's like someone turned down the volume fader in your ears by 5 or 7%. It's low enough to brush it off but high enough to start getting fucking paranoid. It's like what the fuck? Did my hearing really get worse or am I making this up? Was this track as loud as I remember it? Then you start saying certain words or phrases during the day to literally check your hearing. Opening your jaw trying to yawn to clear the canals or whatever, but it doesn't work.

And if THAT wasn't enough, there's no known or proven cure. Each doctor has their own approach, but there's no agreed upon protocol to treat TMJ dysfunction. They don't even know what causes it. Some say stress, and some say behavioural therapy helps more than any pills, because people tend to get suicidal over this shit. Well, anyway, just wanted to type it all out because it sucks. If you experience any jaw discomfort, decreased hearing and tinnitus, please see a doctor.

Do you delete your youtube history often?

i'm working on it but it will be a couple weeks probably. weekends are the only time i have to work on this properly. the g2 stuff is complex + i'm learning reaper at the same time. so far, it's coming along quite faithful to the recording.

I feel so ashamed for waiting to grab the newer 75% version

I will pick this week to quit sniffin glue if you can get that re-up’d somewhere

IOS pls

There u go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0gb2siw8ye8q91/AE_LIVE%202008-04-04%20Echoplex%20%28MD%20MM%20MPC1K%29%5BReplicated%5D%5BLimiter%5D.rar?dl=0

Will delete as soon as I need the dropbox space back.

Would be cool to have the version without the limiter.

Really great work! Gave it another listen today. You guys deserve tons of respect