IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

i'm going to have a ton of remixes of the mpc & nord stuff when i'm done with the reconstruction. maybe some remixes of the monomachine stuff as well. there are a lot of lush melodies & textures that got buried in the bootleg recording that need to be heard.

i'm going to have a ton of remixes of the mpc & nord stuff when i'm done with the reconstruction. maybe some remixes of the monomachine stuff as well. there are a lot of lush melodies & textures that got buried in the bootleg recording that need to be heard.

I'm already a fan hearing this! :D

^ches did one. Sam heard it. He said listening to someone making changes to his set was some uncanny valley shit.

Is it up anywhere?

Man I'd love to hear a proper remix of B05. Those little chord stabs are like pure dopamine.

I'm already a fan hearing this! :D

+1

^^ The MPC contains MIDI events for the nord, and also, a few Nord patches contain note sequences.

I've extracted from the MPC all those MIDI events meant for the Nord, and imported them into Reaper (a newer version of the Echoplex reconstruction), although not entirely sure about their exact location and length. Happy to share it if you want.

^ches did one. Sam heard it. He said listening to someone making changes to his set was some uncanny valley shit.

Is that good or bad?

https://www.strangerdimensions.com/2013/11/25/10-creepy-examples-uncanny-valley/

^^ The MPC contains MIDI events for the nord, and also, a few Nord patches contain note sequences.

I've extracted from the MPC all those MIDI events meant for the Nord, and imported them into Reaper (a newer version of the Echoplex reconstruction), although not entirely sure about their exact location and length. Happy to share it if you want.

Is that good or bad?
https://www.strangerdimensions.com/2013/11/25/10-creepy-examples-uncanny-valley/

BkB2l3QG4.jpeg

i still don't have reaper myself but would appreciate it for future explorations!

this talk about MIDI events in the nord made me delve more into the different sets to figure out why there were very different nord moments in the same track, towards the end (~54 min Ontario/Toronto, ~49 min Echoplex Amni Remaster). Ontario has a much sweeter melody while Echoplex has a more tense atmosphere, and no nord 'sirens' if you will.

At first i thought Rob could be just improvising with the G2 keyboard, but i listened again to both sets and I see the same "tense" melody appearing in Ontario in the preceding track (~52m) and the nord sirens appear, albeit a quite damp, later in the Echoplex (~53m).

So it seems he just anticipated the MIDI changes in Ontario to create a completely different atmosphere in each set. Very interesting

btw I know this is an Echoplex reconstruction but the Ontario 54min moment is pure bliss

digit pls

Is that good or bad?
BkB2l3QG4.jpeg

NSfW warning:

Edited by Herr Jan
deleted nsfw

the nord stuff is about 70% done.

it's tedious work, actually. first listen to the recording, then mute it & listen to what the nord is doing, figure out which of the 8 variations is active for each of the 4 slots in the nord, figure out when the transitions happen from variation to variation, draw the midi cc automation in Reaper for the volume & variation changes in the patches. the trouble comes when i can't get the nord to quite match whats going on in the recording, which means something else is being tweaked on the nord. filter? resonance? adsr envelopes? or does the midi data from the mpc need to be muted temporarily? lots of trial and error and a/b comparison. listening to the same parts over & over, trying to get it to match up as well as i can.

at the same time it can be fun to play detective & figure out how certain sounds are being made. i'm looking forward to really digging into these patches after i'm done with the reconstruction & seeing how they work.

in the meantime, here's a minimal dub quaristice versions style remix i made before i started working on the reconstruction. this is just the mpc. i was going thru the sequences figuring out how they were organized. things started sounding cool so i hit record:

AELIVE2008_MPC_RMIX.01

it's tedious work, actually. first listen to the recording, then mute it & listen to what the nord is doing, figure out which of the 8 variations is active for each of the 4 slots in the nord, figure out when the transitions happen from variation to variation, draw the midi cc automation in Reaper for the volume & variation changes in the patches. the trouble comes when i can't get the nord to quite match whats going on in the recording, which means something else is being tweaked on the nord. filter? resonance? adsr envelopes? or does the midi data from the mpc need to be muted temporarily? lots of trial and error and a/b comparison. listening to the same parts over & over, trying to get it to match up as well as i can.

at the same time it can be fun to play detective & figure out how certain sounds are being made. i'm looking forward to really digging into these patches after i'm done with the reconstruction & seeing how they work.

in the meantime, here's a minimal dub quaristice versions style remix i made before i started working on the reconstruction. this is just the mpc. i was going thru the sequences figuring out how they were organized. things started sounding cool so i hit record:

AELIVE2008_MPC_RMIX.01

Is the reconstruction you are doing carrying out the work started by IOS or is it a completely new job?

Anyway, that quaristice.114 90101-5l-l remix is superb  :music:

Edited by AE35unit

AELIVE2008_MPC_RMIX.01

Is the reconstruction you are doing carrying out the work started by IOS or is it a completely new job?

Anyway, that 114-90101-5l-l remix is superb :music: