IGNORED

Syro on acid

Lachesi

No words to describe how awesome this album is on acid.

Hits me every time, never heard anything smart like those tracks. 

Always rewarding you with new details you never focused on. 

A special mention also goes to Collapse, way tridimensional, I used to perceive al those sounds (which this EP is characterized) as "in front", and thought I didn't like em that much

When you get in teh zone it's like you can see teh sound structure building and morphing

only got it on one occasion not long after teh release

But I will never forget it

it was a great trip 〰

• 3 weeks later...

Since it seems to be a taboo subject (and I wonder what's a better place to make considerations of this kind if not a forum on the aphex twin) I suggest to anyone who wants to discuss it to PM me, so as not to offend anyone neither promoting nor trying to be cool. 

my first listen to syro was on 165mcg lsd and 2.4g mushrooms. (IIRC lol)

Highly recommend.

I think I did 220mcg and 1.2g shrooms for exai. 

Also highly recommend.

lol @ highly. I WAS HIGH MF

I honestly try to go into most of the "bigger" releases blind, and typically with some lsd or shrooms. 

That hasn't been 100% possible the last few years due to life . Even collapse I could only have some edibles for. 

Edit: this is not to condone drugs + I don't do a shit ton of psychs or hallucinogens. It's just a ritual for me and the wifey. Releases on our radar we'd count as "big" happen fairly infrequently. So we hype ourselves up, plan some really good food, get f'ed up, end up in outer space, laugh for the rest of the night, and the next morning we feel like gold.

:shrug:

It's not for everyone.

edit edit: don't do drugs you'll end up like me.

That's interesting . I've found I appreciate music a lot more on psychs that I've already got a sober familiarity with

That's right! Never thought about it, but I've always felt that too

That's interesting . I've found I appreciate music a lot more on psychs that I've already got a sober familiarity with

That's right! Never thought about it, but I've always felt that too

I've had a similar experience with writing music - took years to realize I actually do better when sober - less likely to get caught in the weeds (lol) w/ one exception being playing guitar. 

Anyway, back on topic. Thanks to MIXL2 I picked up a Fiio M3K recently. Loaded up Syro and OMFG what a goddamn L33T album this is. Such attention to detail. 

Basically, I'm saying getting a higher quality DAP is like microdosing . . .  

EDIT: Also. Don't do drugs. 

my first listen to syro was on 165mcg lsd and 2.4g mushrooms. (IIRC lol)

Highly recommend.

I think I did 220mcg and 1.2g shrooms for exai. 

Also highly recommend.

lol @ highly. I WAS HIGH MF

I honestly try to go into most of the "bigger" releases blind, and typically with some lsd or shrooms. 

That hasn't been 100% possible the last few years due to life . Even collapse I could only have some edibles for. 

Edit: this is not to condone drugs + I don't do a shit ton of psychs or hallucinogens. It's just a ritual for me and the wifey. Releases on our radar we'd count as "big" happen fairly infrequently. So we hype ourselves up, plan some really good food, get f'ed up, end up in outer space, laugh for the rest of the night, and the next morning we feel like gold.

:shrug:

It's not for everyone.

edit edit: don't do drugs you'll end up like me.

LSD shall set ye free 

:D

Archived