10. Bowphantiks 6:35

11. Ex_con Phorma Lynes 4:46

12. Guillermon's Casual Rupture 3:03

13. Connthunquette 4:24

14. Denser Merk-Krio Tip 5:03

► 1:09:37

https://aperturerecords.bandcamp.com/album/trilate-shift

http://aperturerecords.com/news--events.html

Oberman Knocks makes a welcome return to aperture records since his last release Dilankex in 2014, which featured an outstanding 17 minute remix from autechre.

Working on other projects during this time seems to have charged his creativity and Knocks now propels himself back into the fold for his third album Trilate Shift with cleaner, more polished production and a change of direction which should certainly see his appeal rise across a wider audience.

Last year Knocks produced the soundtrack to The Red Tree, an award winning documentary film from Still films (New York/Dublin) and in 2016 he was commissioned by The Lowry in Salford to produce a sound installation, 30 Days of The Smiths, forming part of their Week 53 festival, a version of which was also performed live.

Trilate Shift sees Knocks serve up fourteen lustrous tracks of proficiency and divergent ingenuity encompassing interjections of disembodied vocals, setting the scene for a distinctive musical trajectory.

AkSJqiql.jpg

Right out of nowhere! This is dense and organic like previous Knocks but with a slightly more accessible twist. I cannot quite put my finger on why I instantly love this record but just heading in for second run through.

2018, what a time to be alive

This is the only exposure I've had to OK aside from Dilankex, but this is some good shit. I put down 10 quid for it @ the Aperture site.

Will have to check out his pre-2014 work at some point also.

This is the only exposure I've had to OK aside from Dilankex, but this is some good shit. I put down 10 quid for it @ the Aperture site.

Will have to check out his pre-2014 work at some point also.

Yes do it! Beatcroff Slabs is an awesome album, get that next

• 6 months later...

Good news, thanks!

I've decided Trilate Shift has just excellent vibes. There has never been a time that I put it on and regretted it, wanted it to not be playing.

But "Ratched Cummian" is still the only standout for me. When I listen to this album it's always because I want to hear that track (usually because I'm in a nasty old parking garage and it is absolutely perfect for that), and I'll then either leave the album playing or I'll think of something more attention-grabbing and chase it with that instead.

I guess OK has always been primarily about vibes for me. He makes tailor-fit soundtracks for the gradual urban apocalypse.

• 6 months later...

I've concluded that this is my current favorite album, even a year later. I've been listening to this almost exclusively for the past week or so. I think much of it has to do with the timing, as it was released right after a major loss in my family. I dunno, it's like aural/soul caffeine, especially the opening track (Bromsunn Park Dystrikt I think). Gives me encouragement to keep going despite any and all odds in life.

@Soloman Tump oof, I've been neglecting Beatcroff Slabs still. Need to grab it before I forget.

Listened to it a few times and felt the vibes. Love the Shorebrix track.

This guys track names sound badass for some reason. Memmer Doytt Deff. Often the 3 word titles are badass.

Archived