IGNORED

Aphex Twin - transcriptions for carillon. possibly pipe organ

nerver

hey hey all. is there some magical place where i can find the notes for certain pieces of his work? i did some searching and it seems a bit all over the place. i am working on a super amazing project in my town involving playing music of my choice over a huge carillon in a local church, and if i do, there is no way i am doing it without playing at least one afx track in some manner. this idea might spill over into a event of some sort, involving music also being played on a huge pipe organ.

would be super rad if you could get me his email also so i can confirm the notes are correct and that they transfer properly over to the tunings of the carillon? totally understand that that will most likely not happen. a boy can dream right? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carillon

bells sustain like all hell, so busy music kind of sounds like shit i think on them, so i am thinking that hearing something like this aisatsana would sound amazing

what would be a beautiful song of his that would sound wonderful in this medium? something not too busy? 

some of his work on a pipe organ would be amazing also, but someone would have to actually play that, so when considering a piece it should probably be standard pitch oriented and something that someone could physically play. i feel like stuff that is really amazing in the low end would be great here. i am kind of drawing a blank here. ideas welcome. 

very initial stages of this. and i have plenty of time to work on it. thanks for your time in advance. 

Yeah, I run this site called www.midm-database.co.uk, has a bunch of MIDI's of RDJ's discography, aisatsana included. Some of the Drukqs piano pieces would also be well suited for a Carillon, don't forgot to post anything you record!

thank you for the link. 

i was planning on recording stuff to some extent for sure. hearing the huge bells echoing through my neighborhood is what got me all started on this idea. i walk my dog around the area all the time, and i am just in love with the tones i hear. i have been walking around the carillon from different directions, picking out where it sounds different in my area. good times.

Archived