IGNORED

Aesop Rock & TOBACCO Are Malibu Ken (January 18, 2019)

silentvision

• 3 weeks later...

Dope AF. Impossible Kid was such a solid outing after a few albums that felt like he lost his way a bit. Stoked. 

Did you not like Skelethon?... I think that's the point where he truly matured lyricaly and adopted the slightly slower but more poignant flow he's had since. He had a lot to say on that album.

Sry for late reply somehow missed this. Anyway, I had a really hard time with Skelethon. . . I think it may have been something about the production. I can't remember if it was the first album he solely produced, but it feels like Impossible Kid was where he learned to really master the art. Also seem to remember Skelethon to be. . . mmm. . . almost nihilistic/depressing? No, maybe just really raw. Yeah. Raw. Which, with someone with his talent, can be a dangerous pool to toe into if you're already struggling with life's undertow.. . 

Will give it another go though - he's nothing if not a master of his craft . . .

the thing that bothers me about aesops flow is that it doesnt seem to adapt to music at all, like he could have done it all over a metronome and then slipped whatever beat under and it wouldnt have made a difference. 

Archived