IGNORED

Vessel - Queen of Golden Dogs

ghOsty

New Vessel is out! I haven't had a chance to listen yet but his previous albums have been quite good IMO.  The concept for this one seems like an interesting new direction:

"While fans of Vessel will find much of what made his previous albums for Tri Angle modern-classics of dubwise electronica, it's pretty clear from lead single 'Argo (For Maggie)' that as an artist and musician, he is entering entirely new dimensions he'd previously only hinted at or even dreamt of. Guided by an infatuation with chamber music brought about in collaboration with a violinist and singer Olivia Chaney, the roots of these new interests have left a strong imprint on Vessel, one that offers new moments of tender yet extended reflection..."
https://bleep.com/release/109428-vessel-queen-of-golden-dogs

109428-1.jpg

I've heard it described as "warm but intense", picking it up later today.

Just finished my first of what will be many listens...  This is definitely a strong late release this year.

Awesome stuff. The strings are combined and processed with the synths and rhythms very well to create a fresh dynamic.  Like a classical chamber album meets OPN and some Clark, but at the same time it is very much it's own unique thing. WATMM don't sleep on this one!

Very interesting album, some hi-fi dungeon synth vibes at times. Only a few real standout tracks for me but overall I applaud it's sound and vision, def different than just about anything else out there.

Gah. Well disappointing. Not into the strings at all on this album. Shame as I love Punish, Honey.

Great that he's trying to push his sound into new realms but it's not a realm I want to hang around in.

:(

Archived