IGNORED

Covert 3 (Touched Music)

Touched Music

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do they release the artists at a later date or is our guessing as good as it gets on this comp?

I'm sure I have a memory where the artists in earlier Coverts would be revealed by Norvum when later editions were released but that could be a completely false memory !

That was what was promised at first yes...

Except that Autechre actually released tracks under their name on Touched via a limited 12-inch EP. And Plaid has been putting stuff out on there for years now. 

Except that Autechre actually released tracks under their name on Touched via a limited 12-inch EP. And Plaid has been putting stuff out on there for years now.

Oh, I feel dumb now. I was just speculating based off of the troubles Luke Vibert faced releasing under different pseudonyms on various labels

some chord progressions in the OP video make me think of the donkey kong underwater theme. loved that game as a kid, so I appreciate it. but at the same time it's this exact thing that bugs me about the track. makes it sound almost new agey (in a modern way)

as far as i know the only one who made tracks with atmosphere and melodic depth similar to Sequin Innfoil is mike paradinas

It's Quinoline Yellow. Slight anagram in the title also.

Mr Paradinas has to be in there somewhere though.

I imagine most of this comp is made up of the usual Warp/PlanetMu/SKAM artists, which would account for the quality of this release. Can't seem to identify many of the other tracks. Into The Belly has to be FSOL and Ytter (Probably 1 or 2 other tracks too) is Autechre. Hardlines sounds like Mr 76ix.

as far as i know the only one who made tracks with atmosphere and melodic depth similar to Sequin Innfoil is mike paradinas

I imagine most of this comp is made up of the usual Warp/PlanetMu/SKAM artists, which would account for the quality of this release. Can't seem to identify many of the other tracks. Into The Belly has to be FSOL and Ytter (Probably 1 or 2 other tracks too) is Autechre. Hardlines sounds like Mr 76ix.

I am just listening to it. Was already thinking that it doesn't quite sound like Mike. Something is different / missing. But yeah, certainly fits Quinoline Yellow more. The melodies and the way the beat works and sounds....

I am just listening to it. Was already thinking that it doesn't quite sound like Mike. Something is different / missing. But yeah, certainly fits Quinoline Yellow more. The melodies and the way the beat works and sounds....

The melody is similar to Dulcis (Cyriak Parasol) and Big Bob Brigham's Gold Chariot (Colour Index 47005). When I listened to it I literally thought it was a Quinoline Yellow track I had heard before.

Carbon Puos is so 100 % Aphex Twin!

I thought it could be EOD.

Squidge is definitely Brainwaltzera. Cassian Andor is definitely Roel Funcken.

Qaul sounds like a possible EXM track.

Oh, I feel dumb now. I was just speculating based off of the troubles Luke Vibert faced releasing under different pseudonyms on various labels

No worries, man. You just didn't know about those releases, is all. If you can check out those Ae and Plaid tracks, you should. They're killer. 

Archived